etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
etienne girardet Xh6BpT 1tXo unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

We Rounded Up The Best Restaurants in the DC Metro Area, & They’re Seriously Tasty

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

As a DC (okay, Bethesda) native, I’ve grown accustomed to being surrounded by a variety of cultures. My favorite way to experience these cultures has always been through food. So, if you find yourself in our nation’s capital (or its suburbs) this spring break, be sure to check out these tasty joints:

Mussel Bar & Grille Bethesda

7262 Woodmont Ave, Bethesda, MD 20814

Though getting a reservation is tough, this is the perfect weekend dinner spot for some good old seafood and an amiable atmosphere. The chalkboard menu, wooden bar and dim lighting give the feel of a European seafood market.

Oyamel Cocina Mexicana

401 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20004

One of world-renowned chef Jose Andres’ restaurants, Oyamel is rising to fame in DC. If the colorful interior and butterfly ornaments don’t charm you, their selection of tacos certainly will. If you’re brave enough, try the Chapulines tacos (they’re on the online menu).

CAVA

50 Massachusetts Ave NE, Washington, DC 20002 (multiple locations)

CAVA is by far my favorite fast food brand, and one of the most popular in Washington. The place makes fast food salads, wraps and more with a Mediterranean twist. With dips like harissa and tzatziki, and meats like braised lamb, CAVA is a one-of-a-kind. You may find it coming to your hometown, as the chain is rapidly growing.

China Chilcano

418 7th St NW, Washington, DC 20004

Chinese-Japanese-Peruvian fusion? One of the best culinary ideas ever. While the triple combo may sound odd to some, Chef Jose Andres adds a perfect Spanish accent to other traditional dishes such as sushi and dim sum.

Momofuku CCDC

1090 I St NW, Washington, DC 20001

I know, this isn’t the original restaurant in NYC, but it’s pretty damn good, IMO. The ramen is perfect for a crisp spring day. The appetizer buns they serve will also get your taste buds riled up, with fillings such as brisket and shiitake mushrooms.

Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.