Turn Your To-Do List into a Game with Habitica

I have a little brother. Well, he’s in high school now, so he’s not so little, but he’ll always be my little brother to me. Anyways, when I went home for winter break, I found that his room had some newly installed whiteboards, upon which he would write his to-do list.

Except that instead of using headings like “homework,” “assignments,” or “tasks,” he used the word “quests.”

I thought it was cute and adorable. I mean, isn’t it? But when I thought about it some more, I realized that it wasn’t just cute and adorable, but it was also quite clever.

I’m not going to lie--homework isn’t always fun and exciting. Sometimes, we may even dread doing it. But what if we turned it into something fun? What if we turned it into a game?

Introducing: Habitica.

Habitica is a free habit-building and productivity app that treats your real life like a game. With in-game rewards and punishments to motivate you and a strong social network to inspire you, Habitica can help you achieve your goals to become healthy, hard-working, and happy.

Sign up for Habitica here.

About The Author

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.