Meet Samantha Grosberger!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Samantha Grosberger is a fellow HerCampus member and first year who lives down the hall from me so I decided to get to know her! You can, too!

Why Bryn Mawr?

I wanted a welcoming, accepting community where I could be myself and find women who were just as passionate about learning as I was.

What’s your favorite thing about Bryn Mawr? 

So far, my favorite thing is all the amazing classes I’m taking, what I’m already learning in them and will be able to learn in the future.

Least favorite? 

My least favorite would have to be the geographical distance from my friends and family.

What do you think of your classes so far?

I love them! They’re all so fascinating and are teaching me so much; they’re really helping me learn how to think more critically. My favorite so far is Developmental Psychology.

Favorite thing to eat in the dining hall?

I love going to the salad bar and mixing up what looks good that day-chicken, broccoli, carrots, lettuce, and some vinaigrette dressing is my go-to.  

What’s your favorite building on campus (dorm, classroom building, library etc)?

I love hanging out in the Campus Center-it’s the perfect mixture of busy and quiet so I have some stimulation but can still focus on getting work done. I get to check my mail too!

What are you most excited about learning in these next four years?

I’m most excited about learning more about the liberal arts discipline in general. I can’t wait to tailor my requirements based on classes I really want to take, like psychology and anthropology classes.  

Do you have an intended field of study? What is it and why does it interest you?

My intended field of study is either Psychology or English, or both! I love learning about how people think and work; understanding that is fundamental to solving some of the world’s biggest problems, so that drives me to Psych. I’ve been a voracious reader my whole life and love how the written word can connect us all, so that’s where the interest in English comes from. If there’s a job out there when I can get paid to read all day, I’ll take it.

What’s your favorite time of year?

I’m torn between Autumn and Christmas. I’m from Wisconsin, so I love the cold. I love the colors of Autumn and all its traditions, like pumpkin picking and wearing tons of sweaters. At the same time, I love how beautiful Christmastime is, with the snow, the festive colors, and all the good cheer in the air.

Samantha is so cool!