Meet Our Team: Samantha Grosberger

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Not only has Samantha been writing for us since the relaunch of our campus chapter, but she has been writing for us since the first launch of our campus chapter. She pumps out articles like nobody’s business and our chapter has definitely been better for it!

Photo courtesy of Samantha Grosberger

Pronouns: She/her

Major: English

Minor: Sociology or Classics

Class: 2020

What’s something people should know about you?

I’m obsessed with reading and am always looking for new book recommendations!

What’s something people should know about you? -answered by a friend

I’ve been told I’ve a good listener.

Why did you choose Bryn Mawr, and why did you choose to stay?

I chose Bryn Mawr because I wanted a small liberal arts college with an intensely intellectual environment, and BMC was the perfect fit. I wasn’t initially looking for a women’s college, but now I’m very proud to be attending one, and I’m constantly inspired by all the women and other-gendered folk around me. I chose to stay because I love the academic opportunities here; the classes are all so exciting, and everyone really wants to participate. I also feel really supported by my friends, the students and the faculty here.

What’s your favorite memory from your time at Bryn Mawr?

I loved this past Hell Week! I’m a Hell Mom to two wonderful friends of mine, and I had so much fun watching them do tasks and welcoming them to Bryn Mawr.

What’s your favorite method of self-care?

I like going for walks around campus; it’s great to get moving and get out into the fresh air. I also try to use a face mask every once in a while, and schedule out small snippets of time where I can read for pleasure.

What are some of your book recommendations?

Some great book recommendations are The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern, The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater and Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte. One of my favorite childhood books is Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll.

What tips do you have for finding time to read during the school year?

Some tips I have for finding time to read during the school year is to read whenever you have a small chunk of time, like while you’re in the waiting room somewhere or on the Blue Bus. I also try to make sure to read instead of aimlessly scrolling through Instagram or anything else on my phone.

What are your favorite spots in Bryn Mawr?

Carpenter Library is one of my favorite places to study; I’ve been taking Latin this year, and the aesthetic of Carpenter really fits in with that. It’s a beautiful space and is really conducive to getting work done.

What are some things you’re up to?

I’ve been studying for midterms, which is always a nerve-wracking and busy time. I’m also finalizing plans to study abroad next year, something that I’m so looking forward to! It’s such a great opportunity, and I’m sure I’ll learn a lot, intellectually and personally.

Thank you for your time Samantha!

Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.