Meet Our Team: Enaas Sultan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

I’m really enjoying going through these team interviews, and I hope you are too! Although I’m also part of the team, 30 minute bi-weekly meetings just isn’t enough time to get to know each other, you feel? Meet Enaas, one of the writers on our team!

Photo courtesy of Enaas Sultan

Pronouns: She/her

Major: Psychology

Minor: History

Class: 2021

What’s something people should know about you?

I come off as kind of nonchalant and standoffish, but that’s really just because I’m shy. Once you get to know me I’m the weirdest person. People have actually told me that they thought I was this cool, put-together person until they got to know me. I laugh and crack jokes all the time, but you would never know it at first glance.

Why did you choose Bryn Mawr?

I chose Bryn Mawr because it’s a small school and I learn better in more intimate environments. I also was looking for a liberal arts school to get an education that would build my critical thinking abilities. It helps that Bryn Mawr has one of the most beautiful campuses I’ve ever seen.

What made you interested in Her Campus?

I’ve always enjoyed reading lifestyle articles and magazines in general. I wanted to get involved in the production aspect of it, and Her Campus jumped out at me when I was browsing the clubs page on the Bryn Mawr website.

What are some of your hobbies?

When I was younger, I loved reading books, but as I got older I felt like I didn’t have enough time, so I read fewer books. Over winter break, I started reading books regularly again and set a goal to read 24 books for leisure, and so far I am keeping up with my goal! I also enjoy yoga and mindfulness practices and watching films.

What are you currently obsessed with?

I kind of discovered Zella Day a few weeks ago and have been listening to her music non-stop since then. Her music goes hand in hand with my obsession with good weather of late. All I care about nowadays is if it’s going to be 60º and sunny, and Zella has this type of summery sound. I’m also obsessed with Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Larabars and Glossier’s Super Glow Serum.

What’s your favorite method of self-care?

Lately I’ve been discovering that self-care comes in many forms and it’s not always a face mask and taking a day off from class. Sometimes it’s doing all your readings on time and filling the air in your tires so you don’t have to worry. It’s all about breathing a little bit easier. But aside from that, my skincare routine is my favorite way to relax. It’s just a little, constant part of every day when I can take care of myself and massage a bunch of serums into my skin.

Thank you for your time Enaas!

Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.