Meet Our Team: Emma Regan

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Emma has been writing for us since our relaunch at the beginning of the school year. Going through her interview, I learned that we both use writing as a medium to be vocal through. Speaking for myself, as a quiet person too, I enjoy the process of writing because it helps me process my thoughts in a way that the rapidity of spoken conversation doesn’t always allow. But enough about me; let’s get on to Emma!

Photo courtesy of Emma Regan

Pronouns: She/her

Major: English

Class: 2020

What’s something people should know about you?

I consider myself a quiet person, but I also love to talk to others! Writing is my outlet to be vocal, and although I may seem pretty reluctant to talk sometimes, I love engaging in conversations with passionate people.

Why did you choose Bryn Mawr, and why did you choose to stay?

I chose Bryn Mawr because of the people. My tour here (upon my acceptance) got me excited about surrounding myself with inspired, hard-working people. And I decided to stay for that same reason. I couldn’t imagine my life without the people I met here at Bryn Mawr, whether from my residential, work or academic life here. I’ve learned that you thrive in an environment where everyone wants to support you, and for me that’s Bryn Mawr.

What made you interested in Her Campus?

I joined Her Campus as a way to creatively express myself. I had been taking a creative writing class, and I loved the freedom of writing something that did not have to follow a strict formula, like a paper. Rather, I could let my own voice be free on the page, and I was able to write about things that excited me and that I’m passionate about.

What other activities are you involved with on campus? Off campus?

On campus, I’m involved in Mujeres*, which is a group created as a safe space for members of the Latinx community to express concerns about campus and the world, and to share anything they want. Off campus, I volunteer at the library in Bryn Mawr by stacking books and helping with any projects that they have going on.

What are some of your hobbies?

I love to read, write, hike and hang out with friends. Those are all very basic hobbies, but they’re mine and I love them.

What are you currently obsessed with?

Currently, I am obsessed with Pentatonix’s cover of “Can’t Help Falling in Love with You.” I listen to it every morning when I wake up because it’s so calming and puts me in the right mood. I definitely recommend it. I also recommend Everything Sucks on Netflix. I haven’t been able to stop thinking about it since I finished the season. My final obsession is spring. I need warm weather and the sun, so this season is one of the only things on my mind.

What’s your favorite way to relax?

My favorite ways to relax is to sit around and hang with friends. Talking to people allows me to get my anxiety out and let others give me feedback/ideas about things that I have done/will need to do. Also, watching a good Netflix original (my favorites being Stranger Things and Grace and Frankie) or a good comedy special really allows me to shut off my brain and relax for a moment.

Anything else you’d like the Bryn Mawr community to know about you?

That this place is incredibly special, and I am so grateful to be a part of it. Thanks for all of Bryn Mawr for making it what it is, and striving to make it better for those to come!

Thank you for your time Emma!

Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.