Guide to the Perfect Galentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

February 14th is just around the corner, which means couples everywhere are preparing dates, gifts and plans to celebrate their love. Valentine’s Day is a great day for romance, but an even greater day is too often neglected — Galentine’s Day! Who wouldn’t want to spend a day showing appreciation and love for their friends? February 13th is that day! Grab all your closest gals, and follow this guide to the perfect Galentine’s Day with all of your favorite people!

via Buzzfeed

Pick a place to party

Location is always one of the most important parts of a party, especially when you’re looking for some fun, relaxing vibes for you and your friends. Choose a location that you all enjoy — maybe that’s your dorm room, your favorite coffee shop or the local mall. Wherever it is, make sure it’s a place you and your girls can relax, let loose and enjoy your time together!

Invite all of the important ladies in your life

Galentine’s Day is meant to be spent with all of your favorite gals — anyone from your best friend to your roommate to your friends back home that you haven’t seen in a while! Surround yourself with all the people you love, introduce your friends to each other and embrace the love of all your friends. After all, there’s nothing better than having all the friends you love most in one room!

Prepare for some reminiscing

Being surrounded by so many friends guarantees some reminiscing and storytelling! Have everyone prepare a favorite anecdote from your time as friends, and plan a storytelling hour; laughs, smiles and tears will surely ensue, and your appreciation for all your treasured friends will soar higher than ever. Embrace the memories and the promise of more to come in the true spirit of Galentine’s Day!

Treat yourselves!

What’s a Galentine’s Day party without some pampering and indulgence? Feel free to forget all your responsibilities and worries on this special day, whether you do so with a fancy meal, a delicious dessert or a Netflix marathon. Put all your focus into having fun and treating yourselves like the powerful women you are! This is your day!

Diana Beninati

Bryn Mawr '21

Bryn Mawr College 2021
Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.