4 Ways to Celebrate the Important Women in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Life gets busy and it’s easy to forget to honor all the important women in our lives, but thankfully, there’s a day dedicated to doing just that! March 8 is International Women’s Day — a day meant to celebrate all women  and the perfect reminder of how important it is that we honor those in our lives. This event may only be one day, but that doesn’t mean that our celebrations should end there! Here are four great ways to show all the important women in your life how much you appreciate and honor them every day:

Photo courtesy of Unsplash

Reach out to those you don’t see every day!

Between classes, homework and the never-ending school events, it’s not uncommon that we forget to reach out to our family and friends outside of school. Schedule some time to send a text or make a call to your mom, grandma, aunt or best friend! Hearing from someone they care about will brighten their days and remind them of your love and presence!

Write thank you letters!

Sometimes, communicating your love, appreciation or respect for someone is too much to handle — that’s completely normal! Take some time out of your day to express what you can’t communicate verbally through a letter. Not only does spending time on a thank you/appreciation letter show how much you care, but it’s also a cathartic exercise. Plus, these letters will give your favorite women something from your heart to hold on to for years to come!

Spend time with them!

One of the best gifts you can give someone is a part of your time. Reach out to the women around you to schedule some bonding time. Plan a coffee date with a friend you haven’t talked to in a while or reach out to a faculty member or professor that you’ve always meant to schedule an appointment with for conversation outside of the classroom!

Celebrate their successes!

Showing your admiration, love and respect for the women in your life includes celebrating them — their successes, their stories and their news. Let the women closest to you know that you want the absolute best for them, and be there for them when things don’t quite go their way. Listening, celebrating and supporting are the best ways to show your immense care and respect!

Diana Beninati

Bryn Mawr '21

Bryn Mawr College 2021
Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.