12 Quotes to Remember the Spirit of Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryn Mawr chapter.

Happy Thanksgiving! Amidst all the craziness, here are 12 quotes to keep you grounded and remind you of the spirit of Thanksgiving.

Photo courtesy of AlexaZ Design

Photo courtesy of Rifle Paper Co

“Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, turn routine jobs into joy, and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.” -William Arthur Ward

“Gratitude unlocks the fullness of life. It turns what we have into enough, and more. It turns denial into acceptance, chaos to order, confusion to clarity. It can turn a meal into a feast, a house into a home, a stranger into a friend.” -Melody Beattie

“Gratitude is the inward feeling of kindness received. Thankfulness is the natural impulse to express that feeling. Thanksgiving is the following of that impulse.” Henry Van Dyke

Photo courtesy of Spark and Moxie

“Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.” -William Arthur Ward

“Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are the charming gardeners who make our souls blossom.” -Marcel Proust

“I am grateful for what I am and have. My thanksgiving is perpetual.” -Henry David Thoreau

Photo courtesy of Alice and Lois

Photo courtesy of Letterfolk

“Vegetables are a must on a diet. I suggest carrot cake, zucchini bread, and pumpkin pie.” -Jim Davis

Audrey Lin

Bryn Mawr

Computer Science and Linguistics double major at Bryn Mawr College. Lover of bubble tea and anything matcha.