ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ekaterina shevchenko ZLTlHeKbh04 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What He Really Wants For Christmas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

We asked a dozen college guys from various colleges what they wanted for Christmas. Here are the results.

For the sports fanatic: There’s always a sport in season, and chances are you know which team your guy roots for. Grab some cheap tickets, head up the bleachers and spend the early part of day in the city, or spend a little more on great seats to spoil him a bit. Whichever your price range, the gesture will be appreciated. However, if sports really aren’t your thing, opt for another type of event. He won’t be able to really enjoy the game if you are miserable. So either throw on a jersey, grab a beer and fake it or pick something else. Other options can also be getting him a jersey or hat to wear to the game, or to wear while he screams at the television. If you can find some, autographed sports memorabilia also makes a great gift!

For the style impaired: College years can be tough on a male’s wardrobe and the chances of them spending their own money on nice sweaters or button ups is close to zero. If your boyfriend could use some more clothes to dress up for dinners, or you think he could just use a little help in the style department, here’s your shot to play dress up!  Other items that could add to his repertoire can include a nice pair of sneakers/boat shoes, a new watch or cologne.

Some popular male watch brands include: Fossil, Michael Kors and G Shock

You could be the difference! 

For the gamer/techy: Try to focus on what he really enjoys. For some guys, that’s electronics! Though these boyfriends’ gifts may be on the pricier side, they will really appreciate that you have noticed their interests and are supportive of them. Some ideas for the technologically inclined are Bose speakers or headphones, a new game console (Sony Playstation 4 and the Microsoft Xbox One are new options) and actual games (Call of Duty, Madden, FIFA, NHL). He may also like a rechargeable phone case, Nintendo 3DS or Roku 3 for online streaming like Netflix, Hulu Plus and television channels.

For the life of the party: Let’s be serious, this is where most of his money probably goes anyway so why not get him what he really wants? A nice bottle of his favorite type of alcohol (anything is better than Burnette’s) and some of his top candy all wrapped together is a great idea for a new boyfriend. You can show that you’ve noticed his likes, it will not cost much and you may be able to even share the gift! In addition, you could also get him a customized koozie, flask or bottle opener for his dorm wall.

For the gym buff: So you have a boyfriend who spends half his time with you and the other half getting hot and sweaty with his other girlfriend, the gym. Good for you, seriously he’s probably in great shape and most likely takes his anger and stress out lifting weights. In addition, he is fairly easy to shop for. Try getting him a new water or shaker bottle, his favorite protein bars, a gift card for GNC, workout shorts/shirts or Nike mid socks. Also, you could buy him a foam massage roller to stretch out his muscles, a CamelBak if he likes the outdoors, or a nice pair of waterproof earbuds/headphones for the gym depending on his preference.

Foe the music lover: Getting tickets to a concert is a great way to share an interest that you both have, show that you pay attention to the music that he loves, and enjoy a fun event together. There are various types of shows that you could chose based on his taste. Consider shows in the city where you or him go to school, or in a location between you two for over the summer. Besides tickets, surround sound/great quality speakers for his room are another top choice. Lastly, for the music loving hipster of the bunch try finding him a record player and some new and old records.

Major: Marketing & Management Minor: Communications Interests: Fitness, nutrition, fashion, comedy Goals: To have the ambition of Beyonce, the hilarity of Tina Fey, the poise of Emma Watson and the legs of Carrie Underwood Favorite quote: "Dream big and dare to fail."