you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
you x ventures Oalh2MojUuk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

What to Do When You Don’t Get the Job

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

1.      Write a Thank You Letter

A little thank you can go a long way. You should address it to the person who interviewed you. Not many people remember to thank their interviewer but it can go a long way. They not only will be surprised, but they will consider you for other jobs in the future. If you include your contact information it will show that you did care and you are considerate.

2.      Shake it Off

No need to get upset! You are amazing, and there are so many other jobs you can apply for. You can do anything with the right mindset! Fill out another application and do not let rejection get you down. A positive attitude is everything.

3.      Ask For Feedback!

Do not be afraid to ask your recruiter (if you have one) for feedback on why you didn’t get the job/internship. Never be afraid to ask an interviewer for feedback either. It is seriously important to realize what you are doing wrong and improve. You would much rather know than be left in the dark.

4.      Do Not Get Angry

It is easy to blame the interviewer or company but there is no reason to get butt hurt about it! They needed to make a decision and you lost out. It is totally fine, just get yourself up and brush yourself off. Anger will waste a lot of your energy, just get back out there!

5.      Reflect

Take some time and really think about your interview. Did you falter? Were there questions you were not prepared for? Improve yourself so you can kill it in your next interview. Keep your head up, we believe in you! Get back out there!