Things We Wish We Could Change about Bryant

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

The views and opinions expressed in this article are solely those of the author. These views and opinions do not necessarily represent those of Her Campus Media, Her Campus Bryant staff, and/or any/all contributors to this site.

1.      Salmo/Food

This is probably at the top of every Bryant Student’s list of complaints. While Bryant just changed food providers the past semester, ask anyone, the food is no better. The selection of food is not only limited, but unhealthy, and generally unappetizing.

2.      Location

Yes, there are a million ways to get to Providence from Bryant, but sometimes it sucks that there’s nothing to do in walking distance. While the location makes Bryant University extra safe, it also means it gets boring with nothing to do.

3.      Class Requirements

Even though it’s common for schools to require students to complete certain classes, it seems like there’s a million at this University. Most of us just wish we could jump into our majors without having to take all the general education classes.

4.      Weather

Okay, so the weather is not something the University can change, but it’s still annoying. Getting constantly buried in snow and freezing on the way to class makes us all wish for a little more sunshine and warm weather.

5.      Everything’s Crowded

From Nicks to the Uni, all the public spaces at Bryant University are crowded. With a significant amount of students per student buildings, it seems like students can never get a meal at a decent time or a treadmill when you need one.

6.      Building Hours

It seems like whenever you want to do something at a time that’s not in the middle of the day, it’s closed. On weekends, Salmo and the gym close fairly early, and the library doesn’t open until mid-day. The only place open 24/7 is the Uni.

7.      Expenses

Everything on campus is really expensive, whether it’s food, clothes, or tuition.

Even though this article is about things we would change, Bryant students love this place for one reason or another. Regardless of the things we’d change, it’s always a great day to be a bulldog! Remember to check out our article on the top 10 things we LOVE about Bryant!