This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

This may just be the best meal of the year and it is important that every traditional aspect of Thanksgiving is included at your table, as well as your own eccentric spin. Everyone has their favorite food at Thanksgiving, especially that one mouthwatering dish that sneaks into your head all year. It is finally Thanksgiving! HerCampus is here to rank our favorite Thanksgiving foods from best to worst.

1. STUFFING!

Is this really a question though? Stuffing can be made in so many ways, it is almost impossible for anyone to not like at least one version. Whether it includes sausage and mushrooms, chicken, or a vegan option, everyone is bound to love one or more types of stuffing.

2. Mashed Potatoes

Definitely a close second. Mashed potatoes are sure to make or break a Thanksgiving meal. These must be whipped and creamy to melt in your mouth, with just the right amount of butter for extra flavor. Our mouths are watering just thinking about them!

3. Gravy

Mashed potatoes must be followed up by gravy. Let’s be real, they basically go hand in hand. Gravy is a staple food at Thanksgiving, and as long as it is made right it will always add flavor to your plate. Whether gravy is placed on the stuffing, mashed potatoes or turkey, you really can’t go wrong.

4. Turkey

Now for the main dish. Thanksgiving is based around turkey and there are tons of ways to cook your bird. Recently, people have begun deep frying their turkey, but we prefer the traditional baked turkey that makes your home smell like the holiday season.

5. Green Bean Casserole

Whether it be a creamy dish, one that is loaded with fried onions, or tossed in cream of mushroom soup, this dish is sure to satisfy taste buds of relatives that may not even like vegetables. This is easily a healthy recipe turned unhealthy, and that is okay because it’s a holiday!

6. Sweet Potato Casserole

Although sweet potato casserole is served during Thanksgiving dinner, it truly tastes like a dessert. Many feel that this random sweetness on their plate does not belong. Others feel it breaks up the tastes of the meal. The marshmallows melted on top are definitely the finishing touch on this dish, loved by those with a sweet tooth.

7. Pie

Pumpkin, pecan, apple, sweet potato, lemon meringue, you name it! Some type of pie is sure to be served at your Thanksgiving table. You definitely can’t have just one either, they can be irresistible if made right but stay away from those store bought pies. That isn’t a real Thanksgiving delicacy!

8. Cranberry sauce

Yes, cranberry sauce separates Thanksgiving from any other holiday meal, but it definitely isn’t the star of the show. Cranberry sauce is a hit of miss from most, and many choose not to include it on their plates each year. Although, if it is homemade more people are likely to enjoy it!

Everyone has their own likes and dislikes when they sit down for their Thanksgiving meal, so your personal ranking of these Thanksgiving foods may be totally different! We hope you enjoy your Thanksgiving dinner with all of these tasty treats!

Bryant University Class of 2019 I am a caffeine dependent human being that enjoys avoiding all responsibilities. Blogging is a new passion of mine, hope you're a supporter. Love all the homies that read my articles. Xoxo B