Swim Team Celebrities: Graham Beck, Taylor Poliseno, Benjamin Schulte

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Graham Beck Class of 2015 Major: Communication Minor: Business Administration Hometown: Danvers, MA Broke school records in the 100 breaststroke, 200 breaststroke, 500 freestyle, 200 Medley, 400 Medley, and 800 Free Medley.

Taylor Poliseno Class of 2017 Major: Biology Hometown: Stevenson Ranch, CA Broke school record in the 100 fly

Benjamin Schulte Class of 2018 Major: Global Studies Minor: Chinese Hometown: Mermaid Beach, Australia Broke school records in the 100 breaststroke, 200 Breaststroke, 200 Medley, and 400 Medley.

HC: When did you start swimming and why?

GB: When I was in the fourth grade, I wanted a change in what type of sports I was involved with. I wanted a sport where I could compete individually and I was able to find that with swimming.

TP: I began swimming in the eighth grade because my parents thought it was a necessary skill and I stuck with it.

BS: I was five when my mom and I went to a beach party and she could not find me. I was never afraid of the water and she feared I had gone past my depth in the ocean and she enrolled me in swimming and have carried on since then.

HC: What is your favorite team memory thus far?

TP: Our training trip in St. Croix last year because of the warm open water. It was so clear you could see everything under you and have fun with the other team mates.

GB: All of the travel experiences such as the MAAC Championships and our trip last year to St. Croix. I am looking forward to the training trip this year as well.

BS: My favorite was the Pacific Games in 2011 and I am looking forward to our Puerto Rico training trip in January.

HC: What were your thoughts/feelings going into Nationals?

BS: It really did not kick in until the morning I had to compete.

GB: It is my first time going although I qualified prior to this year. I wanted to enjoy it and swim as fast as I could to represent Bryant. I was nervous and excited but most of all grateful that I had the chance to compete at Nationals as a senior.

TP: I was really excited when I found out but then I was also nervous because I was going to be competing against the best swimmers in the country. Overall though I was excited to have this opportunity to compete against the other swimmers.

HC: Can you bring what you learned at nationals to the remaining meets this year?

GB: Just make sure that you keep your head up and do not talk yourself down. The next month is one of hardest because of the intensity of the practices and you just have to remember to keep your head up.

BS: To be encouraging and make sure you properly stretch and cool down.              

HC: Being a senior, is there any words of advice you want the leave the team with?

GB: Make sure to keep a cool head. If you are too hard on yourself you will not do as well and just try to have fun with it.

At Nationals these three outstanding Bryant swimmers have worked their hardest in the events that they competed in. Good job to the three of you for future meets!

Results:

Benjamin: 100 Breaststroke- 33rd place

200 Breaststroke- 33rd place

Graham:  100 Breaststroke- 77th place

200 Breaststroke- 75th place

Taylor:      100 Fly- 98th place

I am a fun, outgoing person and spend my time shopping, reading, and writing for HC. I enjoy tanning and hanging with my friends or watching Netflix when I have time. Please feel free to follow me on insta at @alexandranpappas I will follow you back!