This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Our Campus Celebrity is Bryant University assistant professor Stefanie Boyer!

HC: Job Title
SB: Assistant Professor (will be Associate Professor starting August 1)

HC: Fun Fact
SB: I was a firefighter during high school and college

HC: Tell us about your background! How did you get to where you are today?
SB: I didn’t always know I wanted to teach sales. As an undergraduate, I studied Psychology and Criminology while fighting fires, competed as a Division 1 athlete and worked for the United States Customs Service before the change to the Department of Homeland Security. At the end of my college athletic career, I suddenly realized that my business acumen was very low. While pursuing an MBA, I found marketing and sales while teaching in huge lecture halls filled with management students. While selling financial services, I had the opportunity to manage a team of 21 sales people. At that point, I settled down and started a PhD program in marketing with terrific mentors who helped me find a path to sales. 

HC: Other daily responsibilities at Bryant?
SB: Sales team coach, teaching marketing and sales classes, research, meeting with companies interested in partnering with the sales program, advising students to prepare for job interviews and negotiating positions, attending Bryant functions such as Bryant 360, open house and degree declaration day, among others. 

HC: Favorite part of your job?
SB: I love to see student performance and confidence improve. It is also very rewarding to hear about the excellent job offers and interviews students receive because they took the sales class and competed in a sales competition. 

HC: What do you do in your free time?
SB: Spend time with my family, including three kids aged 1, 3 and 5.

HC: Favorite thing to do after leaving campus?
SB: Taking my daughters out for a “girls” day.

HC: Who’s your role model?
SB: Dr. Andrew Artis

HC: Favorite food?
SB: sushi

HC: Favorite quote?
SB: “I know of no more encouraging fact than the unquestioning ability of man to elevate himself my conscious endeavor” – Henry David Thoreau

HC: In the next 5 years, what do you hope to accomplish/ what goal do you want to achieve?
SB: I would love to see a 14 room named sales center on campus, with cutting edge technology, a strong personalized mentorship program with well-established alumni and professionals, and a strong partnership program with an elite Board of Directors. 

HC: Pet peeve?
SB: Filler words (like, um) used too often

HC: What should students do to get an A in your class?
SB: Work hard, ask for help and have a winning attitude. 

HC: Favorite place to travel?
SB: Europe

HC: Proudest moment of yours in 2014-2015?
SB: Seeing the 2015 sales team pull together to earn a 6th place national ranking