yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash
yulia chinato fWTwGRXQzI8 unsplash

Spooktacular Cocktails

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

We can all agree that when it comes to holidays we like to get creative and try new things. Well, get ready ladies, because we have just the thing for you. YouTube sensation, Tipsy Bartender, posts weekly ‘how to’ videos for the most creative, crafty and delicious drink recipes that are super easy to make. So in the spirit of Halloween, here are just a few of the cute and creepy drinks they’ve demoed:

We’ll start out with the sweet and simple… The Crazy Worm

1/12 oz. (45ml) Vodka2 oz. (60ml) Sweet& Sour1 oz. (30ml) Pineapple JuiceA splash of GrenadineTop it off with some sweet, creepy, crawly gummy worms!

For a more advanced bartender… Candy Corn Jell-O Shots

White Layer

1 Packet Pina Colada Ez Jello Mix2 ½ Cups Water1 ½ Cups Coconut RumOrange Layer1 Packet Orange Crushed Ez Jello Mix2 1/2 Cups Hot Water1 ½ Cups Butterscotch SchnappsYellow Layer1 Packet Lemon Drop Ez Jello Shot Mix1 ½ Cups VodkaFor best results, refrigerate after every layer. This prevents the colors from blending.

For the bold and daring…The Blue Ghost Shot

First, build the body of the shot by pouring equal shots ofButterscotch Schnapps, Midori Melon Liqueur and thenBailey’s Irish Cream.Follow that up with a splash of Blue Curacaoand Grenadine.Flames are optional, however if you’re feeling extra daring, top it off with a few drops of Bacardi 151 Rum and light!But remember, always be careful when dealing with flames!

For maximum gross out factor…The Alien Brain Hemorrhage  

First, you build the shot by pouring in equal parts of Peach Schnapps for the base, Bailey’s to form the ‘brain’ in the second layer

Finish it off with a splash of Blue Curacao and Grenadine. The densities ofthe different liquors give the shot that layered, brainy look. 

And for those of us who are just in the Bryant Spirit…The Blue Bulldog Margarita 

12oz White Tequila

4oz Blue Curacao

4oz Lime Juice

Blend these liquors with a decent amount of ice to create a slush like texture and enjoy! 

So, if you’re feeling especially crafty try these drinks out for you and your friends this Halloween! For more out of this world drink recipes, follow @TipsyBartender on Instagram and Twitter! And ladies, always remember drink responsibly!

Senior, marketing major from Pembroke MA.  Marketing and PR Chair for Bryant's Her Campus chapter.  Loves sharks.