jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jake dela concepcion SDktAkDbmgE unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Reasons Why She Hasn’t Texted You Back

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

“She’s just not that into you, bro.”

Girls are often attached to their phones, so when they aren’t texting you back in a timely manner there has to be a reason. As the minutes increase from when you sent that text, you start to think of crazy possibilities of why she isn’t answering. Maybe she was so excited to see your text she fainted, and is now on her way to the hospital because she hit her head during the fall! Should you meet the ambulance at the hospital and make sure she’s okay? Uh, let’s not jump to conclusions here. There are quite a few reasons why she hasn’t responded.

You may not have made a good first impression.

This is a good possibility. Maybe you’ve even met a few times and she just gets bad vibes from you. You may not know what you did or said to make her feel that way, but once she makes her impression of you, that’s it. It’s over. There is no turning back and no saving yourself; consider yourself blocked, my friend.

She might have left her phone in another room and is too lazy to get up.

This happens way more often than you would ever know. Girls will leave their phones charging somewhere and go lay on the couch in another room. They can hear their phone going off, but the couch may just be a little too comfy to get off of. She will get around to texting you eventually, but she’s just too busy being lazy right now, leave a message after the yawn.

Her phone really did die.

Think about how often girls are on their phones. Our batteries can really get warn down quickly. If we weren’t home or in the car and able to charge our phones, there is a good chance it is going to die sometime during the late afternoon. If she doesn’t answer after 5 p.m., there is a chance that her phone really did die, and she’s working to find a phone charger so she can text you back.

She doesn’t want to look too eager to respond.

Often times (okay, every time) a girl gets a text from a boy she won’t want to answer right away because she doesn’t want to seem too interested at first. She doesn’t want to answer right away and make you think that all she has to do with her life is text you. Of course, all she really wants to do is talk to you, but she can’t let that be known right off the bat. Oftentimes she will try and wait the same amount of time you did before answering. This is just another girl thing.

She may be working or in class.

Although girls use this as a common excuse and most of the time are lying, sometimes it is the real truth. Yeah, in some classes or at some jobs it’s super easy to text and get work done, but sometimes she has to put her phone away for a couple of hours. If she says “sorry I was in class/working” try not to take it personally, but instead, give her the benefit of the doubt.

She didn’t like your answer.

This is very much a girl thing. If she doesn’t like your answer, she may turn her read receipts on to let you know she read it and is purposefully not responding. Your job now is to come up with a better response or just apologize for what you said, no matter what it might have been.

The question you asked wasn’t one she wants to answer.

If you ask her something inappropriate to make it seem like you are just using her for something, why would she want to answer you? All girls want to think that they are wanted in one way or another, and that their feelings are mutual. Making someone feel used isn’t right, and if she realizes what you are doing to her, don’t expect to get an answer.

It’s just a really busy day.

This may be a girl’s #1 excuse as to why they haven’t responded. If you get this, it pretty much means that she isn’t that interested in talking to you. She would take time out of her so-called “busy day” to answer a text from someone she enjoys talking with. If you get the “sorry I was busy” card after four hours of no response, safe to say she’s just not that interested.

She’s driving.

There are endless amounts of times where girls will get in their cars, drive for a half hour, and get out of the car with 20 new text messages. Yet, when she’s sitting waiting for you to respond to her: zero texts. This happens more often than not and she has to be safe while driving, right? So, if she says she just got to the store or work, you’ll know she didn’t want to text and drive. This is a safety thing, people.

Your “text voice” is not up to her standards.

This is very much a thing. If your texts come across as boring and uninterested, she’s going to notice that. Girls have a way of knowing exactly how you are trying to say something in a text. They are masters at this. If she doesn’t like the way you form your sentences and give responses, it’s a “no” from her.

Wrong number, sorry bud.

Maybe you met her last night at a club, or in the Starbucks line. Either way, you got her number, but when you go to text her you get nothing. There is a good chance she was just trying to be polite and gave you a false number because she thought you were creepy. No one remembers who they talked to at the club, and who really asks for a girl’s number in a Starbucks line? Get real.

You might be smothering her.

If you seem too clingy and text her a lot, she is either going to love the attention or absolutely hate all of the notifications. It can get pretty irritating when she hears the ding of her phone going off every two seconds. In that moment, her phone will go on silent and you may be forgotten about for some time.

You tried playing it a little too “cool”.

Sometimes guys have the tendency to think they’re all that. Guys, you’re wrong. Don’t try and act overly impressive and talk yourselves up to girls; they don’t care. If you start to sound too cocky and aggressive, they aren’t going to want to keep a conversation going.

Good luck to anyone who tries to talk to a girl, it’s an extremely confusing thing to do.

Bryant University Class of 2019 I am a caffeine dependent human being that enjoys avoiding all responsibilities. Blogging is a new passion of mine, hope you're a supporter. Love all the homies that read my articles. Xoxo B