Places to Work Out Other Than the Bryant Gym

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It’s hard to make time to work out being a full-time student at Bryant.  Other times, when you get to go, the gym is packed full.  Here are some gyms near Bryant that offer a great workout that college students can afford. 

1. Planet Fitness

Planet Fitness offers four different levels of membership packages.  The most affordable package is the Classic membership which is only $10/month (with a $49 startup fee).  From there you can upgrade to the No Commitment for $15/month (with a $39 startup fee), the Black Card for $21.99/month (only $1 startup fee!), and finally the PrePaid which has NO startup fee and is $199 for the entire year! 

As for club hours, Planet Fitness is open 24 hours Monday starting at 12am through Friday closing at 9pm.  Saturday hours are 7am to 7pm.  Holiday hours may vary.  Check out their website for more information! (https://www.planetfitness.com/gyms/smithfield-ri)

2. iLoveKickBoxing.com

iLoveKickBoxing in Smithfield has a wide variety of classes Monday through Saturday that you can fit around any class!  They are currently offering a 50% promo that consists of 3 classes and free gloves for $9.99 (originally $19.99, but still a steal of a deal).  As for signing up for a membership they have a minimum of 35 class and goes up from there.  All memberships are good for an entire year, so you can go as often as you’d like.  iLoveKickBoxing also allows you to change from location to location.  For example, say you go to Bryant during the school year, then move back home for the summer, you can transfer your classes to the nearest iLoveKickBoxing! Going on vacation? Not a problem! Transfer your classes, even if it’s just for a few days!  In addition, every time you refer one friend that becomes a member, you earn 5 extra classes!  For more information check out the website here (https://www.ilovekickboxing.com/studio/index.php?id=371)

3. No Risk CrossFit

No Risk CrossFit offers classes beginning as early as 5:15am Monday morning.  The open gym can be used starting at 10am Monday through Friday.  Yoga is offered Sunday’s at 9:30am. For information on membership prices, contact info@noriskcrossfit.com.

4. Anytime Fitness

Unsure if you want to fully commit to a gym? No worries because Anytime Fitness offers a 7-day FREE trial!  In addition to an open gym, Anytime Fitness offers a fitness consultation, group training, and personal training.  For members, the gym is open 24/7 so there are no excuses of not having the time to go!  Staffing hours are held Monday through Thursday 10am to 1pm and 2pm to 7pm, Friday staffing hours are 10am to 4pm, and Saturday is 10am to 2pm.  To increase your membership, you can refer a family member or friend and earn a month free of membership.  Recommend four or more people, you can earn an entire year of a free gym membership.  Check it out online here (https://www.anytimefitness.com/gyms/2780/smithfield-ri-02828/ )

5. One Cycle

You can try out a single class at One Cycle for $18.00.  If you feel like this is the exercise for you, memberships can be increased to 10 classes for $150.00.  Absolutely love it?  Sign up for a single month for $129.00, or one year for $990.00.  Each class offered has signups so you will never show up and not have a bike available for you to use. Classes range from 5:30am to 4:30pm evening classes and 7:30pm night classes.  Check out their website (www.onecycleri.com)  for their full schedule as classes vary each day.  All classes are one hour.

Ana Deacon

Bryant '18

*Insert lyrics to "All Star" by Smash Mouth* Bryant University Class of 2019