This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Well, they certainly were not kidding when they said “time flies.” It seems like just yesterday it was orientation at the end of June, and then the waiting game of summer until I moved in. Move in was the most nerve-racking day, since I did not know what to expect. Now, looking back, it is one of the fondest memories I have.

Being away at school has been an unforgettable experience. It is a home away from home. I have even found myself calling school my home. I have made friends with people from all over. It has been such a learning experience- meeting people from all over with different backgrounds, and learning about so many different areas. Some of my closest friends live in all different areas, including Connecticut, New Hampshire, and even California. My friends have been my foundation for success. They have been my rocks through thick and thin and been there for me through the ups and downs. I am so thankful to have the people I do have in my life.

I have grown as a person and have this experience to thank. I have learned a lot about the person I am and the person I want to be. Despite the hard parts, like learning to deal with stress and time management, I have grown into a young adult. Each person I have come in contact with has made an impact on me. My friends have been my rocks, and my professors have furthered my knowledge and helped me discover the person I really am. I am so thankful to my parents for giving me this amazing opportunity.

There are so many lessons that I have learned, including that time is precious, friends should build you up, and always remember where you came from. Time goes by so fast, and every moment should be spent doing something positive that you’ll always remember. Friends are the people that should build you up and support you. They are always there for you, and building a positive friendship can change your whole view on life. Coming to new surroundings, it is important to always keep where you came from close to your heart.

With the last week of the semester, I cannot believe how far I have come. It is still unbelievable to me that in a few short days I will have officially completed ¼ of my college career. College is in a new league from high school, and everything I could have expected and more. This has been such an unforgettable experience and I am thankful for everyone that has impacted my life. 

Freshman year will be missed, but I am excited for summer vacation and sophomore year!

Totally dependent on Chinese takeout and chicken nuggets. Netflix is the only committed relationship I can handle. I hope you think my articles are funny or at least make you smile... if not try harder :)