A Letter From Every Big Sister to Her Little Brother

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Dear Little Brother,

When you were born my world was changed forever. No matter how many times I screamed I wished you were never born, I never meant it. No matter how much we fight, you were my first best friend, and will always be my best friend and this is why:

You let me cover you in makeup and girlie clothes not knowing any better when you were five- you were one pretty stylish girl!

Before you grew those big muscles and double my height, we had some pretty good wrestling matches; I  always won.

Meeting and playing video games with every boy I brought home, even if he was an a$$!

When the video game playing was over, and that boy broke my heart, you never failed to make me laugh as you made fun of him.

You taught me when it was time to shut up and stop obnoxiously singing and dancing, and how annoyed it made people.

You also always let me know when my outfit was totally unacceptable.

After years of me making fun of you, you finally learned the game, and if I put on a few pounds you always unfortunately let me know it.

We never failed to gang up on mom when she was being totally unreasonable! Or share embarrassment.

And then act totally weird together doing something no one else would understand.

I can’t remember life without you, and I don’t want to. Thanks for the years of memories and torture.

Love,

Your Big Sister