To the Left, To the Left: Major Tinder Turnoffs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

It’s undeniable, Tinder is popular. It is a great place to meet new people and the occasional hookup, but there is definitely an unwritten code about choosing to swipe left or right. We are here to turn you into Tinderella. You can even find your own Prince Charming through this app ! Here are a few red flags we have collected from our personal experience. (Gentlemen take notes)

Cigarette smoking

It’s a nasty habit. Even if you do smoke cigarettes it isn’t a good idea to date a fellow smoker. It is hard to quit if you have somebody constantly tempting you to smoke, intentionally or not. It’s best just not to get involved with these guys. You don’t want to pick up this horrible habit now, your skin is flawless and your teeth perfectly white! Plus, you do not want to have to deal with smoking related illnesses when you get older. If a man values your health he will not smoke cigarettes around you. You don’t want it to become too easy for him or her to take your breath away.

Pictures of only cars

Just because they get turned on at the sight of a car, does not mean you should have to pretend to. Girls don’t tend to care what a car looks like. Were just happy if it has four wheels and can get from point A to point B. Cars should not have Tinder, unless they are Lightning McQueen. Swipe left to this guy, unless you want to accidentally give birth to a transformer, and that just sounds painful.

Guys that are only in group photos

No girl has time to play Where’s Waldo with every man who comes up on Tinder. It’s 2015 if he is playing hard to get he is definitely doing it the wrong way… Odds are he is the least cute one in the picture. You could always like him now and ask him who he is later, if you’re really curious. Or you just completely disregard him and save your time and energy.

Guys who have “420” in their bio

Were in college, we get it, people smoke weed. It isn’t a huge deal if you smoke or not. But if one of the two things you share about yourself is that you smoke weed, we will definitely swipe left. This might be old-fashion but we would rather a witty bio than someone only telling us that they smoke. Nothing against weed, but #priorities.

People who have no pictures

Unless you are the invisible man, put up a photo of yourself. Something is better than nothing. No matter what you look like it is better to put a name to a face. Plus, even if you don’t have washboard abs or a perfectly chiseled jawline, someone will swipe right. If these guys are trying to be mysterious, it just isn’t working.

Pictures with a lot of girls

We weren’t born yesterday, we know that those two girls who are wearing practically nothing on each of your arms are not your sisters. We’re not saying that hanging out with a lot of girls is bad, but having a girl on each arm just reminds us of Gaston from Beauty and the Beast, a cocky jerk. And that personality is just not attractive.

Masked or low-quality photos

Unless he is a superhero, swipe left. When you see a guy in a mask that never reveals his face, he usually cannot be trusted. But if by chance you do run into the real Ironman on Tinder, let a sister know. Low-Quality photos are not even worth putting on Tinder, we will not be dragging out a magnifying class or squinting in order to make out what you look like.

At the end of the day we all have our own taste, you might not find your soul mate on Tinder. Don’t let that ruin your fun- though you might not find Prince Charming, you can definitely get a laugh out of some people. Last week one of our HC girls matched with a taco who was well versed in cheesy pickup lines. Don’t be afraid to step out of the box and have some fun with it.