This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Jeff Covitz, a junior from Reading, Massachusetts, is an all-around exemplary person. Not only does Jeff succeed on the football field, but in the classroom as well. Jeff is number 77 on the field, plays defensive lineman and has been named captain of his team. Jeff majors in Management and double minors in communications and sociology. Prior to coming to Bryant, Jeff was awarded the Boston Herald Division 2 Player of the Year, and after that the awards kept coming. In 2012, Jeff earned Defensive Player of the Week and All Conference. In 2013, he received ECAC All Star, an award to be extremely proud of. To us girls, these awards may mean nothing, but to Jeff and his family, they are a great honor. I guess you can say Jeff Covitz is your typical all-American boy and anyone close to him is lucky to have him around.

HC: Why did you chose to come to Bryant?

JC: I chose to come to Bryant because I really loved the atmosphere. Everything seemed to fit what I wanted perfectly; the campus, the people, the sports and the academics. I knew when I got to Bryant that it was for me.

HC: Do you have a favorite football memory at Bryant?

JC: Yes. Freshman year when we were playing at Albany, they were ranked the number one team in the conference and we beat them. It was an amazing feeling.

HC: What inspired you to start playing football?

JC: My brother played football and I really look up to him in a lot of ways. He is one of my role models.

HC: What are some of your other aspirations besides playing football?

JC: Outside of football, I co-host for our on campus radio station, WJMF. Also, I would love to develop a career path in the banking industry. I have been working at Stoneham bank and will be interning with them this summer.

HC: What would you like to accomplish before you leave Bryant?

JC: As for football, I would love to win a league title. As for school, I hope to be on the Dean’s list for the remainder of my time here.

HC: If you could meet someone famous, who would it be and why?

JC: I would like to meet President Obama because I am interested in what is in the mind of a president and I have a lot of respect for what he does.

HC: Is there anyone you would like to thank for your success today?

JC: Definitely my parents. I would not be here if they did not support me 100% with everything I have done. They have given me the ability to be the person I am today.

HC: How do you balance school, football and your personal life?

JC: Time management. I try not to be too consumed with one where it outweighs the other. I try to prioritize what is most important to me, and sometimes that means I have to make sacrifices as well.

Jeff and his girlfriend, Liz, who have been dating since high school. Liz has supported Jeff through everything and Jeff says he is lucky to have found her.

HC: What will you miss most about Bryant?

JC: I will definitely miss the people the most, the memories we have made, the experiences I’ve had and the good times.

Jeff and his roommates, teammates and best friends.

HC: Plans after graduation?

JC: I would love for an opportunity to play football beyond Bryant, but if not I am hoping to secure a full time job doing what I love.

HC: How would you like people to remember you by?

JC: I would like people to remember that I was not only a good football player, but a great person, student and friend.

Jeff and his former teammate, Connor, sharing a moment on the field.