I Lived like Khloe Kardashian for a Day so You Don’t Have To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

As most of you probably already know, Khloe Kardashian has soared to the top of the New York Time’s Best Seller List with her brand new book, Strong Looks Better Naked.

The book goes into detail about her life in the spotlight, her family, and even her controversial marriage to Lamar Odom. The book also released her daily diet and exercise routine, called “My Day on a Plate,” that she follows to keep in shape and have the best body confidence she’s ever had. So, I took the liberty of following this routine for a day at Bryant University to see what it’s like to be Khloe.

So here goes…

“5:00 a.m.: I’m up bright and early and have a huge glass of water and a black coffee.”

For me the hardest part of this wasn’t waking up at the crack of dawn, it was one hundred percent the black coffee. I don’t even like the sugary candy coffee from Mary-Lou’s, so black was a serious challenge and it took forever to get it down. But once I did I was like “Wow, now I’m a real adult,”. However, I was a real adult who was as hyper as a four year old the day after Halloween. Regardless, I wasn’t ready to interact with other humans that early.

“6:00 a.m.: I’m off to the gym ready to sweat.”

So I’m one of those girls whose idea of the gym is using the treadmill until the cute guy behind me leaves. Then I get off and go home, so the whole “staying at the gym for two hours” thing was hard. I printed out a bunch of workouts that Khloe has mentioned before and went to work. While it was basically impossible to try and teach myself all these hardcore workouts, when the two hours was up I felt so accomplished and empowered after, even though it was terrifying to be in the gym for that long. 

“8:00 a.m.: Breakfast is another big glass of water, my ideal oatmeal, and a protein shake.”

This was kind of cool because I’m not usually a breakfast person, but I found that eating a good breakfast kept me full for most of the day. Although I did have to pee a ridiculous amounts of time after water, coffee, water, shake.

“11:00 a.m.: I snack on an apple with peanut butter or fruit and nuts.”

This one was tricky, mainly because by 11 I’ve usually had like three snacks so I was starving at this point. I’m allergic to nuts and peanut butter so I had to get a little creative and go for the butter on the apple. If you can avoid sun butter, do it. It wasn’t super tasty and I was still hungry after ):

“1:00 p.m.: Lunch is a Chinese chicken salad.”

As we well know, a Chinese chicken salad really is not an option from any food provider on campus, so again I had to get pretty creative. I made a salad with a bunch of veggies on it and added chickpeas for protein. I felt like I was eating bird food, but surprisingly enough it filled me up. I also added a giant glass of water, because she seems pretty into that. 

“3:00 p.m.: Snack time! Homemade hummus, chopped veggies, edamame, and another big glass of water (this time infused with fruit).”

As you can imagine, this again was a tricky one, especially on a college campus. I don’t even know how to make hummus at home, let alone in a dorm room, so I snagged a Sabra snack cup from the Scoop and threw the pretzels away so I wouldn’t eat them (most devastating thing I did all day, let me tell you) and munched on that and some veggies. Also, don’t have any idea how to infuse water with fruit so I tossed some lemons and limes in my bottle, because what the hell why not.

“7:00 p.m.: Time for dinner. I usually keep it pretty clean, and my favorite go-to is steamed veggies and fish served with my Magic Mash-up [cauliflower mash] and a glass of water of course.”

I cannot stand cauliflower, so the Magic Mash-Up wasn’t an option for me from the get go. Instead I opted for a mashed potato instead purely because that’s what Salmo happened to be serving that night. I also had broccoli and a turkey burger patty (no bun sadly) from the grill because fish and chicken wasn’t an option. Safe to say, I wasn’t the happiest with this one, but it was still pretty ok and I felt full after. Plus, there were some seriously cute boys in line for the grill, so that’s a clear bonus right there.

“9:00 p.m.: I end my day with a bowl of fruit with plain Greek yogurt.”

This was my absolute favorite part of the day for two reasons, one, it was basically like dessert and everybody loves dessert. Two, I finally got to go to bed and I was so tired I fell asleep mid bowl of yogurt during an episode of Keeping up with the Kardashians.

All in all, I would have called this day a success and if you enjoy waking up at the crack of dawn, selling your soul to the gym, and eating super healthy then this is definitely something you should try. If you want to stick to sleeping in, eating a whole sleeve of Oreos and working out sporadically between Netflix binges, maybe this isn’t for you. Either way, I had fun and her new book, Strong Looks Better Naked, is a must read! 

Senior, marketing major from Pembroke MA.  Marketing and PR Chair for Bryant's Her Campus chapter.  Loves sharks.