How to Survive Spring Semester Classes

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Here in Rhode Island, we have quite the long winter. When spring finally makes its way here, it seems just about impossible to do work when a beer by the outfield is just calling your name! So how are we supposed to pass our classes when laying by the pond soaking up the sun is the only thing on our minds? Here are a few tips Her Campus Bryant has come up for you to kill it this spring, both academically and socially, of course.

1) Make a realistic schedule; organize the workload you have, and base it on the weather! If tomorrow is going to be a beautiful day, plan to write that paper at night in the library so you that have the time to enjoy yourself outside during the day.

2) Go to all of your classes; even though you might have a 12 o’clock that is right in the middle of tanning time, remember that going to this class and getting notes now is better than trying to gather and cram all this information in right before finals. No worries, the sun will still be there when you get out! 

3) Go to office hours/ ACE; if you find yourself already falling behind, or it feels like you’re about to start slipping, most of the professors here are willing to help! If you go to their office hours, they might appreciate your effort. ACE is also an awesome resource on campus. You can make yourself an appointment with a tutor, visit a lab for that subject, or just go in there to do work quietly!

http://intranet.bryant.edu/portal/academic-success-programs/ace/ <--- ACE website for hours and additional information! 

4) Plan ahead; exam next Wednesday? There’s a baseball game Saturday so you have to day drink, it’s your friend’s birthday Monday, so you’re going to have to go to dinner, Rentes is Tuesday, and there’s only so many TNR’s left of the semester… Make an outline of your schedule a week in advance; look it over every day before you go to your events and start studying a few days before. It’s all about PREPARATION! Be ready, because the days go by fast. 

5) Attend as many events on campus, and even off campus, as possible; spring at Bryant is short lived, but well lived. Go to all of the games, bring a blanket and a book by the pond, and hit up providence for a day party!

Have fun collegiettes, but don’t forget why you’re in school. Hope this helps to keep your grades a float!