How to Nail Your Career Fair Outfit

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

The Amica Center for Career Education frequently holds events to help us all jump on the right track for our futures. One of the biggest events held on campus is the Career Fair coming up on Tuesday! Although it’s nothing to stress out about, a good first impression never hurt anyone, and the first step in making a good impression begins with one’s wardrobe. Here are a few tips to help you nail those introductions!

First things first: no jeans! Jeans are casual, like hanging out with your friends, and these employers are not your friends! So put the jeans away and put on those dress paints for a more professional look.

As one might infer from the statement above, the dress code is business casual. Basically what that means is that you are required to wear dress pants, but exempt from wearing the matching blazer. That leaves a girl with plenty of options. Some of which include a sheer or chiffon shirt, a button up shirt, a tank top with a cardigan, or even a plain long sleeve. Depending on your choice, we suggest you dress it up with a statement necklace or a scarf to throw in a bit of your own style.

Last, but not least, finish off the outfit with a nice flat or a smoking slipper. No one wants to be hobbling around in heels in front of their future boss; talk about embarrassing!!

If you follow the tips above, your future will be looking bright! Good luck, collegiettes!!