stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

A Collegiette’s Guide to Satisfying Cravings

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Every collegiette has days when ditching the diet in favor of one of those delicious cookies from the dining hall is all too tempting. Who needs a hot bod when you can have something made of chocolate, right?! Wrong! Avoid giving in with these simple tricks.

1. Have some gum

Gum is a great way to distract your taste buds! The sugary flavor in a piece of gum makes it easy to skip dessert- especially with flavors like Extra’s Key Lime Pie, Strawberry Shortcake, and Orange Cream Pop! Plus, each serving is only a few calories.

2. Snack on healthy chocolate

A SMALL portion of dark chocolate is actually nothing to be guilty about- it contains antioxidants and the darker the chocolate, the better. Also, go for foods that have dark chocolate in them. Nature Valley and Kashi both make several types of granola bars that feature a hint of dark chocolate. 

3. Stay active

While staying active is a great way to keep your health in check, it is also known to curb cravings, as well! When the sudden urge for something salty or sweet arises, take a quick walk to keep it at bay. Your mind and body will be distracted and thank you for it!

4. Use flavored Chapstick

It’s probably been a while since you grabbed a Lip Smaker’s lip balm, but experiencing a fun flavor like blueberry pie will be almost as satisfying as an actual piece of sweet dessert. They are inexpensive and you can use them virtually whenever you want!

5. Treat yourself

You don’t have to deny absolutely every craving, especially if you are really good about keeping your sweet and salty foods in check. When you do reward yourself every once in a while, go for quality over quantity. A gourmet cookie is better than splurging on 3 servings of mediocre cake.