Bulldog Leaders 2014

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

After undergoing a group selection process, these 23 (plus 2 top dogs) impressive students were finally chosen as the Bulldog Leaders for the class of 2018! The Bulldog Leaders all have diverse backgrounds. One could describe this bunch as silly and welcoming. Already spending a few hours training together for opening weekend, they have grown very serious as well as passionate about this new and exciting experience. Thy will be spending a week together training in August when they move back to Bryant early before the regular students return and of course to prepare the first years. They cannot wait to welcome the class of 2018 to Bryant University!

Get to know them:

Name: Joe Maiato

Class: 2016 (rising junior)

Major: Dual Concentration in Finance and Political Science

Position: Tog Dog

Fun Fact: I have been to every state in the U.S. except Hawaii and Alaska

Why I’m excited to be a BL: “Words can’t do justice how life changing the bulldog leader program can be for a student here at Bryant.  The program provides students with the opportunity to get involved in one of the most personal and heartwarming experiences in a students’ life, that being college move-in. It is for those moments and that experience that I am proud to be a bulldog leader.”

Name: Renee Lawlor

Class: 2015 (rising senior)

Major: International Business

Position: Top Dog

Fun Fact: In 2013 I went to 15 countries!

Why I’m excited to be a BL: I’m excited to make more great friends on the Bulldog Leader team and with the incoming first years! I’m excited to show them why I love Bryant, this place I call home, so much!

Name: Jared Cullivan

Year: 2015 (rising senior)

Major: Finance major with a double minor in Communication and Entrepreneurship

Fun Fact: I was abroad in Florence this past semester

Why I’m excited to be a BL: I am excited to be the first to welcome the new Freshmen to campus and get them as excited as I am about Bryant.

Name: Kayla Hixon

Year: 2015 (rising senior)

Major: Business Admin- Accounting and Spanish

Fun Fact: I have juggled for a crowd in the middle of Salmo during brunch

Why I’m excited to be a BL: I am most excited about being able to assist first-years in their transition into Bryant and be a mentor.

Name: Kevin Najm

Year: 2015 (rising senior)

Major: CIS major with an Applied Analytics minor

Fun Fact: I like longboarding when the weather is nice

Why I am excited to be a BL: I look forward to meeting the incoming students.  Also, I want to create an easier transition for them because many students find it difficult to settle in. 

Name: Zach Powell 

Year: 2016 (rising junior)

Major: Finance major with a double minor in Communication and Marketing

Fun Fact: I’m involved in SASS, the Bottom line, the sigma chi fraternity, and SHRM currently on campus.

Why I’m excited to be a BL: I’m very excited to meet all the new first years and show them all the Bryant has to offer them!

Name: Lena Lambrou 

Year: 2016 (rising junior)

Major: Accounting major with a double minor in Communication and Entrepreneurship

Fun Fact: I have a twin sister. 

Why I am excited to be a BL: I am most excited about meeting the first year students and being able to help them with anything they need.

Name: Dan Kehoe

Year: 2016 (rising junior)

Major: Finance

Fun Fact: I went to Spain and Germany for SIE this past January

Why I’m excited to be a BL: I want to give back to the experience that helped me get acclimated and comfortable at my new home, Bryant University.

Name: Val Szeto

Year: 2016 (rising junior)

Major: Marketing

Fun Fact: I Played 7 sports growing up

Why I’m excited to be a BL: I am excited to lead the incoming class and leave a lasting impact for students in years to come. 

Name: Mario Molino-Lopez

Year: 2016 (rising junior)

Major: Politics and Law major with a double minor in Business Administration and Communication.

Fun Fact: On my free time I am writing film scripts and making short films with my friends along with just having dance competitions because film and dance is my passion and I love to dance and make films

Why I’m excited to be a BL: I want to make the first year students feel welcome and excited to be part of the bulldog family along with being comfortable on their new home. They are an addition to our family and I want to make their opening experience as warming as I can make it to be. Also to allow the first year students to have their opening weekend the time of their life and something that they will remember for the rest of their life and enjoy their entire time for opening weekend. 

Name: Danielle Goldstein

Year: 2016 (rising junior)

Major: Psychology Major with a double minor in Management and Communication

Fun Fact: I’m obsessed with Disney, especially Minnie Mouse

Why I’m excited to be a BL: I am ready to welcome the first years to their new home and to show my love and passion for Bryant. I also can’t wait to get close to this awesome team of BLs.

Name: David Singh

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Major: Management

Fun Fact: I have visited India 3 times in my life.

Why I am excited to be a BL: I am most excited for introducing the freshman to Bryant and helping them make a smooth transition into their freshman year!

Name: Zaryah Guyton

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Major: Biology

Fun Fact: I can tap dance

Why I am excited to be a BL: To meet all of the first year students and hopefully make some great friends!

Name: Katlyn Twomey

Major: Accounting

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Fun Fact: I rode an elephant in South Africa

Why I am excited to be a BL: I’m excited to be one of the first people to welcome the Class of 2018 to Bryant on move-in day!!

Name: Megan Kimball

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Major: Global Politics

Fun Fact: I am a huge Red Sox fan

Why I am excited to be a BL: I’m most excited to meet all the incoming students and to get closer with the rest of the other Bulldog Leaders!

Name: Caroline Butts

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Major: Communication major with a Marketing minor

Fun Fact: I taught myself how to play the ukulele

Why I am excited to be a BL: I am most excited to be a familiar face on campus for all of the first-year students so they can feel comfortable asking me for help.

Name: Austin Avanesian

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Major: Management

Fun Fact: More Armenian than the Kardashians

Why I am excited to be a BL: I am excited to help the incoming students with their transition they are about to make. The opening weekend program is very important for the transition for our incoming students and I can’t wait to be a part of that. 

Name: Katie Ball

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Major: Management

Fun Fact: I’ve been to Peru

Why I am excited to be a BL: I love working with prospective/incoming freshman and becoming their mentor,

Name: Elise Daglis

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Major: Marketing

Fun Fact: I can hula hoop for a ridiculous amount of time 

Why I am excited to be a BL: To help freshmen love Bryant and their first year as much as I do.

Name: Alexander Evans

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Major: Communication

Fun Fact: I am a triplet. My brothers Sam and Ben go to Rochester Institute of Technology and Johnson & Wales in Miami, FL respectively. 

Why I am excited to be a BL: I’m most excited to reassure the Class of 2018 that they made the right choice in choosing Bryant!

Name: Brendan O’Connell

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Major: Communication

Fun Fact: My birthday is on New Year’s Eve

Why I am excited to be a BL: To instill my sheer passion for Bryant on to others, making the incoming freshmen feel at home and proud to be a bulldog.

Name: Shaina Ostrov

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Major: Double major in Marketing and Communication

Fun Fact: I work in a wedding dress store

Why I am excited to be a BL: I want to be a role model for the freshmen and a familiar face that they can turn to!

Name: Mikayla Ott

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Major: International Business

Fun Fact: I’ve been in over 30 theatre performances

Why I am excited to be a BL: I can’t wait to make the transition to college as easy as possible for the first years. 

Name: Emily Simpson

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Major: Marketing major with a double minor in Communication and Legal Studies

Fun Fact: I work at the Scoop

Why I am excited to be a BL: I’m most excited to help incoming freshmen with their move in experience and get them excited to be a Bulldog! 

Name: Matt Sugar

Year: 2017 (rising sophomore)

Major: Undecided Business

Fun Fact: Born on Thanksgiving

Why I am excited to be a BL: I am excited to welcome the new freshmen to Bryant!