Bryant University Gives Back: Relay for Life 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

On Friday, April 20th, from 4pm to 8am, Bryant University hosted Relay for Life, a cancer walk to help raise money and awareness to save lives from cancer. There were more than 64 teams and a total of 545 participants; all together raising over $42,000. Below are some special moments captured from the inspirational event. 

Tupper the Bulldog decorated for Relay. 

The survivor walk started off the first lap of Relay. 

Brandy Blish with her Mom, a breast cancer survivor!

Brianna Gagnon enjoying some snacks!

Tupper and his mommy taking a stroll around the track. 

Tupper has a friend at Relay! Here’s Mckenzie Brown holding the adorable Cairo. 

Campus Celeb Aubrey Mable performing!

Makena Sage posing as the cute Minnie Mouse. 

A Chinese dragon performance during the event was very entertaining!

Jenna Bell and Nikki Baccaro taking a lap around the track. 

Courtney Stine, Gabrielle Migliaccio, and Emily Japhet posing right before the Luminaria ceremony. 

Some of the Her Campus Team posing with Tupper. Our team raised over $1,300! 

Makena is a senior at Bryant University, studying International Business, Marketing and Spanish. In addition to co-founding Her Campus at Bryant, Makena is a published author, a peer mentor for Academic Programs International, works as a research assistant on campus, and is over-involved in general (and loving it). When she isn’t running frantically between classes, work and meetings, Makena enjoys travel, good Tex-Mex and getting lost in a great book.