8 Reasons Why Brunch is a Beautiful Thing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Brunch, we appreciate you.

1.)   You can order breakfast food

Who doesn’t love breakfast food at all hours of the day? No one.

2.)   You can order real food

If you’re not feeling a short stack of pancakes, then order a cheeseburger. No one is stopping you; it’s brunch!

3.)   You can order dessert

What brunch is complete without macaroons and all of the other fancy pastries in the land? It’s late enough where you can splurge and not get sick from the sugar overload.

4.)   Even better, it’s acceptable to order alcohol

Brunch is the only socially acceptable occassion to drink in the late morning or early afternoon, so you can get that mimosa or bloody mary you’ve been craving.

5.)   You get to dress up

Brunch is classy, and classy means you have the choice to dress up in that new Lilly dress and heels you have. It may not fit post brunch, but hey, you looked good for the pictures.

6.)   You can sleep in without missing out on the breakfast menu

“I’ll wake up by 10am breakfast on Sunday morning,” said no hungover college student ever.

7.)   Holiday Brunch Buffets

Every holiday includes a family brunch, which means presents and all you can eat buffets. Go ahead, get those double stack pancakes, side of bacon, and bagel you’ve been craving – it’s a special occasion. Treat yo’ self.

8.)   You’re full for the rest of the day

Two words: leftovers galore. As college students, anything you can bring back to campus so you don’t have to eat at the dining hall is very appreciated. And you leave satisfying your hunger for the rest of the day.

Wanna be world traveler, fashion enthusiast, and lover of bagels. You will most likely find me in the local Whole Foods.