5 New Nail Polish Colors to Try this Fall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

Although we’re sad that summer has come to a close, Her Campus could not be more excited for everything that fall has to offer! Autumn is one of the best times of the year – who doesn’t love sweater weather and pumpkin spiced everything? Plus, the change in seasons brings a change in beauty products! While you might think of brick reds and warm browns as the colors of the fall, Her Campus encourages you to step out of your comfort zone and try some new shades this year.

Here are 5 of HC’s favorite nail polish colors to try out this autumn!

1. Cool-Toned Nudes

Move over warm toned caramels, there’s a new nude in this season. Cool-toned nudes are a great way to keep your nails in the natural color family, while still stepping away from basic tans. We’re here for the taupe’s and greige’s (grey-beige) because they complement all different skin tones. They’re neutral without being boring – what more could we ask for?

Our top picks: KL Polish Wishbone (pictured), OPI Don’t Bossa Nova Me Around

2.  Burnt Orange

This rust-toned shade is the perfect pop of color for the fall time because it will match the beautiful foliage outside. It is a step up from your typical orange, and adds an edge while still being colorful. The shade also reminds us of a pumpkin spiced latte but for your nails, which we’re not mad about. It’s not quite an orange, but not quite a brown- either way, we’re obsessed. Bring on the burnt orange this fall, ladies.

Our top picks: OPI It’s a Piazza Cake, Essie Playing Koi (pictured)

3. Olive Green

Olive green is one of those classic fall colors that you always wear, but somehow it has escaped the nail color game until now. Army green is extremely trendy right now, and sporting it on your nails is the perfect touch to any look. It’s a gorgeous color on all different skin tones, and matches so many potential autumn outfits, too. Once you try it, we swear it will be a go-to color this season.

Our top picks: KL Polish Chloe (pictured), China Glaze Don’t Get Derailed

4. Dusty Rose

If you’re a lover of pinks, this one is for you. Dusty rose-toned polishes are the perfect step away from the vibrant berry colors that you typically see in the fall, while stilling giving you that dose of pink. The color is fairly muted, making it much more wearable if you tend to stray away from brighter colors but still want a girly vibe. We know this one will become a staple in your polish collection this fall.

Our top picks: KL Polish Zoey, Essie Fun in the Gondola (pictured)

5. Copper

Copper nails are the perfect way to add a subtle metallic into your look, without looking silly. This shade brings in the red-orange tones of the fall in a new, creative way. Using a copper will add dimension to any of your fall outfits, and will give that pop of shine. It’s that little something-something, without being too much. We know you’ll get lots of compliments on your copper nails this season.

Our top picks: Sally Hansen Terra Coppa (pictured), China Glaze Harvest Moon

We hope that this has inspired you to try out some new polish colors this fall! 

Self-Declared Pizza Connoisseur & Designated Champagne Popper