12 Tips for a Successful Beach Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

With the warm weather upon us, more people are going to go to the beach! However, when you go to the beach, beauty tends to stay in the car. So what can you do to stay cool and relaxed at the beach? Here are 12 simple tips that anyone could use!

1.      Snacks

It is important to ensure that you have healthy snacks when in the sun for hours. Fruits and vegetables are good options, along with a healthy style chip or popcorn choice. Also, if the beach does not have anywhere to go for lunch, pack your own sandwiches! You can save money that way as well, and you get to stay in the sun longer!

2.      Water

Hydration is a huge part of staying at the beach so make sure your body does not dehydrate. If you stay hydrated at the beach, your will increase your overall well-being and your body will feel cooler than it actually is. If you do not stay hydrated, it can quickly lead to problems.

3.      Cover-up

Having a cute cover up is essential for any beach day, hot or not. A cover up can protect you from the sun and keep your body cool. Preventing a sunburn is a goal and keeping a light, airy cover up is a simple way to ensure that happens.

4.      Sunglasses and Music

Sunglasses will help you protect your eyes. Music is key at the beach and helps you keep relaxed. Keeping your mind off the heat is another essential part, especially if it is hot and humid with no breeze.

5.      Sunscreen

Sunscreen is another important item that teens seem to not want to use. It is understandable, but no one can take the sun’s rays for a long period of time, so they are just asking for trouble. Ladies, please make sure you put sunscreen on because once you leave the beach, you will be in pain and look like a lobster.

6.      Spray Bottle

Keeping a spray bottle filled with cold water in the cooler may seem dumb, but it helps in the long run. It is typical to sweat or feel sticky at the beach and it does not look good either. By spraying yourself with the water bottle, you are able to keep your body temperature down and continue with your day looking good.

7.      Book or Magazine

Keeping your mind off the heat is essential, so keep a good book or mag right by your side!

8.      Friends

Have friends when going to the beach! It makes the time fly and more enjoyable!

9.      Hair Styles

People usually have their hair down, but it just makes the back of your neck sweaty and not at all enjoyable or cute. Try putting it up in a cute up-do and make sure it is secure so you do not have to keep playing with it.

10.   Cute Beach Bag

Having a cute beach bag that has all your essentials is a key part. An oversized bag works the best because you always have extra room for whatever you may need to ensure your health and beauty at the beach.

11.   Beach Ball

Having a fun game when with friends that is not too much work helps pass time and keep you active at the beach. Keeping active makes the sun’s rays less harmful because you are continuing to move around.

12.   Burt’s Bees

Lip balm is important because no one enjoys chapped, dry, burned lips. Burt’s Bees has their lip balm with SPF already in it!

I am a fun, outgoing person and spend my time shopping, reading, and writing for HC. I enjoy tanning and hanging with my friends or watching Netflix when I have time. Please feel free to follow me on insta at @alexandranpappas I will follow you back!