jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
jakob owens B5sNgRtYPQ4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Halloween Movies We Look Forward to Every Year

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bryant chapter.

When the colder weather comes around, everyone tends to stay indoors to cuddle up and watch movies. A majority of our favorites come from the most popular and well-known holidays: Halloween and Christmahannukwanzadan – that definitely covers all the holidays! With Halloween being next week, here are some of our all-time favorite Halloween movies:

1. Hocus Pocus (1993)

As a young child, this movie was the one that made all of us a little scared of the three witches (mainly only Winnie) chasing after the teenagers. But, we all loved the talking black cat, of course!

2. The Nightmare Before Christmas (1993)

Although this movie was not filmed with real people, it really is a great film. The main character takes over Christmastown, which turns into a nightmare that happens, well, before Christmas!

3. The Addams Family (1991)

A very odd, but very wealthy family is being invaded by someone trying to steal their fortune. Although this family is rather weird, we know this movie is a fan favorite.

4. Halloweentown (1998)

Disney Channel’s movie is a classic that includes a grandmother who is a witch and lives in Halloweentown. She brings her grandchildren there, who find out they are witches, and they experience something like no other…you have to watch the movie to see what happens!

5. Corpse Bride (2005)

This movie is something way out of the ordinary as an arranged marriage turns into a marriage from the dead.

6. Twitches (2005)

As if their TV show wasn’t enough, Tia and Tamara star in a movie that is rather scary compared to their show. Twin witches (Twitches) try to escape the darkness that is trying to capture them.

7. My Babysitter’s a Vampire (2010)

Even though this movie is a little recent, and yet another Disney Channel movie, it is still a classic. Also, this definitely made kids wonder if their babysitter was a vampire, too!

8. Mom’s Got a Date with a Vampire (2000)

Going along with the vampire theme (and Disney Channel), is a movie about a mom on a date with a vampire, and the kids try to prove it!

9. Edward Scissorhands (1990)

Relating back to how Frankenstein was a creature never finished, so is Edward. He has scissors as hands and is trying to live a normal life, but it is hard when he is such an outcast and a “monster”.

10. Scary Movie (2000)

Last, but certainly not least, is the movie that everyone is “scared” of. This movie is a parody of every scary movie you can think of, and will seriously make you laugh.

Although these movies are old, that’s what makes them timeless classics! There is nothing better than sitting down and watching all the classic Halloween movies with a cup of coffee (and maybe a bag of candy, too)! Happy Halloween!

Junior at Bryant University from a small town in Connecticut