absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
absolutvision Z20wtGu1OH4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Where To Eat When It’s Past Your Bedtime

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

As a college student, it seems that once midnight strikes, all of our worries drift away as our main focus shifts… to food. Whether you’re going out for Whiskey Wednesday, finally hanging out with that cute boy in your psych class, or just studying for your upcoming midterm, the late-night hunger epidemic will hit you.  I’m sure you’re familiar with that sudden and inevitable craving, not just for food, but for literally anything edible. Well, my friends, I know how you can satisfy that craving.Listed below are the four best places to eat when it’s past your bedtime… :)

Off-Campus:

Baja’s Tex Mex Grill: Burritos, quesadillas, nachos, you name it! Baja’s has it all. The restaurant is relatively small and plays fun, upbeat music that you can jam out to while you scarf down your food. It sits right on Thayer, and is the perfect spot to hang with friends. The booths in the back are perfect for discussing the dramatics of the night while enjoying fast and delicious food. P.S.:if Mexican food just doesn’t do it for you, try ordering their chicken tenders and fries. Trust me, you won’t regret it.

Insomnia: If you live anywhere near Pembroke campus, Insomnia Cookies should definitely be your go-to. Insomnia offers the best ice cream sandwiches in Providence, so don’t worry about making the huge decision of getting a cookie or ice cream. It’s also open until 2am, so if your Baja’s order wasn’t enough, you can stop by for dessert. Insomnia is relatively small and intimate, so it’s the perfect place to satisfy your sweet tooth with a couple close friends… or maybe your newest crush. ;)

On-Campus:

Josiah’s: Aw yes, Joe’s. Undoubtedly the most loyal and classic late-night eatery, and one of my personal favorite spots on campus. Its doors stay open until 2 am, awaiting the next frenzy of hungry students, eager to spare their meal-swipes. I dream of that styrofoam box filled to the brim with mozzarella sticks and onion rings. For others, the spicy-width chicken sandwich is the obvious choice. If you’re one of those people who somehow like to eat healthy food after a long night out, Joe’s can even satisfy your *questionable* needs (I’m just jealous that I don’t have the motivation to eat healthy).  The salad bar has everything—so get in line and watch them assemble your order of choice. Joe’s has something for everyone, and it never disappoints.

Andrews: You can always count on Andrews for its mouth-watering pizza combos and freshly baked cookies and brownies. This crowd-pleasing dining hall is a great place to finish the night. Take advantage of your meal swipe, listen to the Andrews throwback playlist, relax t with your friends, and grab a bag of chips for the early-morning  craving that will undoubtedly hit you later. Although the location is only ideal if you live in the dorm upstairs, the futuristic soda bar makes the hike worth it.

Caleigh is the Co-Campus Correspondent of the Brown University chapter of Her Campus. She is in the class of 2021 studying History and French. She has previously held an internship position at Latina Magazine and worked as a social media editor for the Brown Daily Herald. She currently works as a digital marketing consultant for SiO Beauty. Caleigh grew up in New York City, where in her free time she explored neighborhoods looking for the best sushi and pizza, sharing her experiences through her food Instagram @food_overdudes.