Thanksgiving: What To Be Thankful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Thanksgiving is fast approaching and nothing says *gobble gobble* like some cold fronts and hot food. With the temperature dropping to chilling degrees, all I really want to do is stay in bed and eat. Plus, the prospect of seeing my family soon makes me all the more lazy and ready to head out for the Thanksgiving break.

But there are a few things that I realized as I prepare to leave, and many things that I realized I should be thankful for. The arrival of Thanksgiving also signalizes the fast approaching end of the year, a bittersweet occurrence. Nevertheless, I am thankful for this semester, for everything it has taught me and for helping me to grow.

I am thankful for learning how to be my own best friend and learning how to take care of myself. I am thankful for staying busy with things I love. I am thankful for being able to write whenever I want to about whatever I want to. I am thankful for the amazing books I had a chance to read this semester. I am thankful for the new friends that came and the old ones that stayed. I am thankful to the decisions I made, and thankful that they turned out to be right ones.

As I begin thinking about next semester and everything that is going to change, I also think about all the things that happened this semester that I don’t want to change. That’s why I encourage everyone to take a moment to think, and maybe instead of creating a list of New Year’s resolutions, create a list of things that made you happy this past year and that you want to continue doing. With that I leave you to reminisce on what is great about the world and a weekend to enjoy with your families!