Sadie Kurzban ’12

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

Hometown:
Miami, FL
Concentration: Economics

How do you view women’s sexuality in our society? I think we’ve come a long way since my mother’s generation. I think there’s still some room to go. There’s a false sense of empowerment floating around out there – a la Girls Gone Wild. But I think it’s great that a woman has the choice to wear whatever and sleep with whomever she wants today. 

Why do you teach Zumba? I love helping others get motivated to exercise. When a student comes up to me to tell me that she’s never had so much fun working out or that she was having an awful day until she came to class – those are the most gratifying moments of my job. 

What does dancing mean to you? Dancing is a way to tell stories – about the world, about love and loss, and most of all, about who you are. 

Favorite Song: “Take it Easy” by the Eagles. 

Favorite Food: Chocolate!

What do you mis the most about home? My parents. They’re great. 

Luisa Robledo and Haruka Aoki instantly bonded over the love for witty writing and haute couture. Haruka, a self-professed fashionista, has interned at Oak Magazine and various public relations companies where she has reached leadership positions. Luisa, a passionate journalist and editor of the Arts and Culture section of Brown University's newspaper, has interned and Vogue and has co-designed a shoe collection for the Colombian brand Kuyban. Together, they aim to create a website that deals with the real issues that college women face, a space that can serve as a forum of communication. With the help of an internationally-minded team section editors and writers who have different backgrounds, experiences, and mentalities, these two Brown girls will establish a solid presence on-campus.