This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brown chapter.

The leaves are turning into some electric colors on College Hill. It’s time for pumpkin and cinnamon spiced everything, apple picking, peacoats, and just the right amount of cool weather. It’s fall, y’all! And with this lovely season come all the new fashion choices.

1.         Bill Cosby Sweaters!

We all know that Bill Cosby is THE homie and is THE  best TV character ever. This is partly because he is also the official spokesperson of the best sweaters known to mankind. The patterns are endless and are always on point. They are always big and snuggly. Basically, Bill Cosby sweaters are the movement  this fall. So, get to your favorite thrift shop right away! As you can see, there are many awesome things about a Bill Cosby sweater. But, the number one best thing about this type of sweater is that it is VERY hard for anyone to have the same sweater as you, especially if you head to a consignment shop. I personally hate it when I look over to the left and somebody is wearing an outfit very similar to mine. Yes, we both are looking on point with our fall fashions. But, why do our sweaters both have that same black cable knit pattern? Please cross the street. I promise you that this will never happen if you get a few of these Bill Cosby beauties. Also, you don’t even need to accessorize to the max with this fall fashion. Usually, the patterns are the main event and catch the eye of whoever is passing you by. Just pair with cute pair of boots or flats and some skinny jeans and when people ask where you got it from, just tell them BC gave it to you personally.

2.         Gray Scale!

My friend told me I must have been listening to Drake’s new album on repeat because I stepped out of my dorm room in a gray scale outfit. People like to relate gray to gloom and glum just like Drake’s lyrics about all the girls he should have married. But, honestly, gray is much more than rainy days, foggy mornings, and breakups. It is a color that holds tons of styling potential and fall season is its time to shine. If you love to accessorize with bold fall colors, gray should absolutely be your best friend this season. First of all, grey isn’t quite black but has the same “template” effect. You can pair a patterned scarf, dazzling earrings, or even some eye-catching colors in your makeup with a grey blazer or sweater. It also looks surprisingly eye-catching on your nails. So, next time you see a “plain” grey top in the store, give it a chance. I promise it has more potential than the haters tend to give it.

3.         Embellished Fall Jackets

I love my peacoat. This is mostly because I was never the kid with an awesome fall coat. My spring windbreaker always doubled as my fall coat. I didn’t mind because technically I spent .02 seconds outside each day. Bus stop, bus, high school, bus, home. It was a very simple route. But, when I was coming to college, I knew that walking was about to be my best friend. My other best friend? My stylish fall jacket. But, now fall coats are stepping up a level and I couldn’t be more happy.  Although a classic fall pea coat will always be in style, the tables are turning this fall. This season we are seeing more embellished fall jackets. From golden foil prints to scattered mismatch patterns, it’s all about the amped up fall coat this season. 

Isabelle is a native New Yorker from Great Neck, Long Island. She is currently a sophomore at Brown University. Throughly in love with medicine and media, she hopes to become a medical correspondent for a major news outlet. When she isn't DJing for 95.5 WBRU or writing for HerCampus, you can find her on the elliptical watching Scandal. Or, in her room watching Scandal. Depends on the day. She also loves the color green, is obsessed with smoothie making, and loves to rep her Haitian heritage.