Top 5 Veteran’s Day Facts

With Veteran’s Day coming up this weekend, here are some facts that you should know about the day:

1. Veteran’s Day is observed every year on November 11th.

2. Veteran’s Day is observed to honor all veterans, both those living and those who are not living.

3. A veteran is a man or woman who has served his/her country as a member of one of the armed forces (Army, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard or Marine Corps).

4. Armistice means cessation of hostilities or to stop fighting. On November. 11th, 1918, on armistice was agreed to between Germany and the Allied Forces led by the United States. This was the end of World War 1.

5. In 1954, Congress passed legislation to replace the word Armistice for Veterans and officially honor all veterans on Veterans Day.

Tagged: 

I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.

You Might Also Enjoy