Things To Do During Summer Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

Summer Break is right around the corner for a lot of college students. You have worked hard to keep that GPA up all semester long and it’s finally almost over. Another semester has gone by. Whether you are graduating or have a couple more years to go, we all want to have a summer vacation that is one to remember. Here are some ways to have a lit summer vacation(in no particular order):

Hobbies  This is a great chance to try out those new hobbies. Maybe you wanted to get into sewing or photography but just haven’t had the chance to do so. 

Travel Traveling is a great way to create those fun memories with your friends. If you don’t have the funds to fly somewhere, road trips are a lot of fun especially if you decide to have a Girl’s Get Away.

Learn something new Just because you are not in a classroom doesn’t mean that you can’t learn something new. While on summer break you can learn a new language or try taking a pottery class. It doesn’t even have to be about learning something new. You can try to experience new things like going to a museum or anything that you normally wouldn’t do.

Volunteer This good be a great way to give back to your community and meet new people. Also, this can be a great way to learn something new.

Work Keeping your coins up can help the lituation this summer especially when you want to go to those concerts or anything else that deals with entertainment. Not only you want to have fun but you also want to build up your savings. You never know when you may need a little extra cash for things that just pops up.

Hope you enjoy your lituation this summer break!  

Ana Cedeno is a journalism major and campus correspondent for Broward College. Originally from Guayaquil, Ecuador, she immigrated to the United States when she was twelve years old and continued her education in the sunny, politically contradictory, swamp state of Florida. She has since been published by both her college newspaper and the online grassroots journalism publication Rise Miami News. A fan of literature since age 6, she's an enthusiast of language and making her opinion known, while still hearing out the other side and keeping an open mind for growth.