BC North Pageant

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

Two years ago in the year 2015, my good old’ friend Danisha Olcima created the very first ever, Broward College North Campus Beauty Pageant.

By definition; a beauty pageant/beauty contest is: A competition that has traditionally focused on judging and ranking physical attributes of the contestants, although some contests have evolved to also incorporate personality traits; intelligence, talent, and answers to judges’ questions as judged criteria.  So, doing this action that Danisha pulled off has made everyone want to get involved in the college lots more than ever before. Recently, my other good ol’ friend Annette Louis has carried off this amazing tradition. These were the winners from before and now:

2015 <3 Miss. BC North/Runner Ups: AneKay Kelly /Samita Thephasit, Karly Mixon, and Debbie Nascimentio. 

2016 <3 Miss. BC North: Chanel Samson Miss. Congeniality: Tiffany Joseph Runner Ups: Georgiann McFarlane and Janice Hall.

2017 <3 Miss. BC North: Nehemie Jean – Baptise Miss. Congeniality: Tiffany Joseph Best Dressed: Saralynn Bastien

2015 and 2016 were only women, 2017 is not just for women also for men as well. For men, being called by other names and more likely to be “bodybuilding” contests. Now and forever, Miss and Mr. Broward College North Campus! 

2017  Mr. BC North: Joseph Focht Most Talented: Edd – Lentz Philistin Crowd Favorite: Eldridge Devaeux Jr.

*Side Note: A talent show was being shown at Broward College North Campus back in the Fall 2015, our other good old’ friend Christian “Hard – Worker” Soler won with his amazing piano skills!*    

I'm Miss. Congeniality of Broward College North Campus, Events Coordinator of the Psychology Club at Broward College North Campus, new president of Her Campus Broward, I work for Student Services at Broward College North Campus, and I just like to get involved in many great activities that benefit my personal growth.
Ana Cedeno is a journalism major and campus correspondent for Broward College. Originally from Guayaquil, Ecuador, she immigrated to the United States when she was twelve years old and continued her education in the sunny, politically contradictory, swamp state of Florida. She has since been published by both her college newspaper and the online grassroots journalism publication Rise Miami News. A fan of literature since age 6, she's an enthusiast of language and making her opinion known, while still hearing out the other side and keeping an open mind for growth.