This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Broward chapter.

Spring is right around the corner. My favorite thing about spring is the fashion. It’s a season that you can play with different colors and you can still layer a little bit because it’s a nice breeze outside. Here are 5 fashion trend for this spring.

Unusual strips

Forget those boring black and white stripes this season. We are going colorful with blue, green, pink, and purple stripes.

Jeans with patches on them

I remember my favorite pair of jeans as a little girl. It was bell bottoms jeans with patches of purple flowers on them. I love that this trend is back because I think it adds a lot of personality to an outfit.

Oversize T-shirt Dress

It is so easy to put on a T-shirt dress and go. This is the perfect lazy day outfit. You can look nice and comfortable by adding a pair of sneaker or you can dress it up with heels. My personal favorite outfit is a big graphic T-shirt dress with thigh high boots.

Backpacks

Ditch your tote bag this spring. This trend is not only chic but comfortable especially if you are using it as a carry on while traveling. Therefore, this trend can spring into summer for vacation time.

Slides Shoes

Slides has become epic this year. It can look sporty or elegant depending on the shoe. These trendy shoe has become diverse from leather pointy toe to chains on them.

Ana Cedeno is a journalism major and campus correspondent for Broward College. Originally from Guayaquil, Ecuador, she immigrated to the United States when she was twelve years old and continued her education in the sunny, politically contradictory, swamp state of Florida. She has since been published by both her college newspaper and the online grassroots journalism publication Rise Miami News. A fan of literature since age 6, she's an enthusiast of language and making her opinion known, while still hearing out the other side and keeping an open mind for growth.