This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

There is no denying that Marge Simpson is cartoon royalty. Her iconic bright blue beehive, red chunky beads and strapless green midi is instantly recognisable whether you are a Simpson’s fan or not. She is a crazy driving, pop-culture icon and the ultimate matriarch- but a style icon? Italian illustrator AleXsandro Palombo, known for his provocative blog Humour Chic,  has now turned her in to one, making her over with inspiration from the most iconic fashion looks we have seen from the last 100 years.

Speaking of his project, Palombo said: “There is a Marge Simpson is every women and with this tribute I wanted to ignite the magic that is in every women; the strength, femininity, elegance, eroticism and beauty”. Palombo has told Vogue: “I made a strict and careful selection of what, in my opinion, has really influenced the style of the last 100 years. Each of these dresses really changed the course of the history of costume, giving a new aesthetic vision that has anticipated major changes in our society. We may not consider these clothes as art, but the aesthetic vision that they emanate has played an important role in giving strength to the path of emancipation of women since 1900. In many cases it’s the dress that has transformed a woman into an icon, but in many others, it’s the personality of the women that has enlightened the dress”.

Marge Simpson in Thierry Mugler, 1995 (Photo Credit: www.humorchic.blogspot.co.uk)

Marge Simpson as Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany’s (Photo Credit: www.humorchic.blogspot.co.uk

Marge Simpson as Carmen dell’Orefice jumping over a puddle (Photo Credit: www.humorchic.blogspot.co.uk)

Marge Simpson as Kate Moss for Playboy’s 60th Anniversary (Photo Credit: www.humorchic.blogspot.co.uk)

Marge Simpson as Stephanie Seymour Nude Portrait by Richard (Photo Credit: www.humorchic.blogspot.co.uk)

Marge Simpson as Dovima with Elephant, by Richard Avedon (www.humorchic.blogspot.co.uk)

Although ever present on our TV screens, The Simpson’s seems to be experiencing a revival in its popularity, with many fashion and beauty brands featuring the yellow community in their designs, including the likes of accessory brand Skinny Dip and MAC cosmetics. I wonder who will be caught up in the comedic world of Springfield next?

Her Campus magazine