Best Food Deals for Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bristol chapter.

With February 14th fast approaching, you may be starting to think about what to do on Valentine’s Day. As students, finding the balance between finding somewhere nice to eat, and finding somewhere cost effective can be difficult. You don’t have to splash out on V-Day to have a nice night with your partner. To help save your bank balance from a month of regret, we’ve listed some of the best deals on food nationwide and in Bristol.

– Wahaca

Just a short walk from the University, the triangle’s Wahaca has a great deal on next Wednesday. The Mexican restaurant is offering a street food-sharing feast, perfect for couples, along with a bottle of wine for just £23.50pp, or with Margaritas for £29.50pp. With sharing dishes like wild mushroom empanadas and corn and black bean tostadas, the restaurant offers this impressive deal to spice up your evening.

– Prezzo

With a restaurant on the picturesque harbourside, Prezzo is a romantic place for a meal – and the deal being offered adds to its appeal. Prezzo is offering 3 courses for just £19.95, as well as 25% off all bottles of prosecco and wine. Not only can you choose from any meal on the menu, but the offer is running from 14-18 Feb, so if you want to book a table outside of the busy Valentine’s day itself then you can. Enjoy Prezzo’s Italian food without biting the bank balance – who knows, you may even get a chance at a Lady & the Tramp style spaghetti kiss.

– Zizzi’s

Just like Prezzo, Zizzi’s is offering 3 courses for just £19.95, however this comes from a set special V-day menu. One of the great things about Zizzi’s is its location; with one located in Clifton Village, a date night here can be followed by a picturesque walk around the observatory, overlooking the suspension bridge.

– Pizza Express

The iconic pizza restaurant with many restaurants across Bristol is offering any starter, any main and a glass of Prosecco for just £16.95. This is a popular choice, so book online before it’s too late!

– Frankie and Benny’s

An old family classic – Bristol’s Frankie and Benny’s is located in Cabot Circus, giving you the perfect opportunity to have a shopping date followed by a trip to the New York Italian restaurant. On V-day, F&B’s are offering 2 courses from the set menu for only £9.95, as well as a Gin Fizz Cocktail if you book a table in advance.

– Three Brothers

So this one isn’t strictly a valentine’s day deal, just a great student deal that’s you can use on Valentine’s day. The burger restaurant located on a boat by riverside accommodations offers a £5 burger and chips deal for students. While this may not sound classy, the picturesque location and the succulent and flavoursome burgers will leave your date satisfied.

– Subway

Ah Subway – every year the sandwich chain treats its customers to some sort of Valentine’s Day treat, and this year is no exception. Subway are offering buy one get one free on 6-inch subs – whether you’re sharing with your other half or just fancy 2 subs for the price of one, get down to subway on V-day for your lunch break.

– Ben & Jerry’s

This is perfect for those of you celebrating a night in with the gals. Asda, Morrison’s and Sainsbury’s are all currently selling B&J for just £2.50 per pot. This is a great deal for a Galantines day night in (pair with dominoes student 2 for 1 deal for ultimate girl’s nights).

Book tables while you can, because the restaurants with deals on will get full very quickly! Have a great Valentine’s day, whether you’re in a relationship or single!

Zoe Thompson

Bristol '18

President of Her Campus Bristol.