Top Drugstore Skincare Products

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

You just woke up and you are getting ready for you 9:30am class. This class has been stressing you since this semester has started. You haven’t been getting enough sleep and you haven’t been eating full meals. You look in the mirror as you start to put on makeup for the first time in weeks and you realize that you are breaking out. You don’t think you had it yesterday. It’s almost as if it just popped up overnight. Your thinking this cannot happen! You have a date tonight and a presentation tomorrow morning! No worries, Her Campus at Brenau got you! We know the money is tight and that you may not be able to go up to a mall to get some super expensive, overpriced skin care product Here are the top 5 skin care products that can help relax, replenish, and rejuvenate your skin and you can them find at your nearest drug store:

1.       Freeman’s Face Masks & Scrubs:

These face mask are the BOMB DOT COM! Using one of these masks or scrubs before going to bed will help your skin feel soft and new! Each mask and scrub does something different for whatever your skin needs at the moment. If you haven’t tried one, get one! Your skin will say thank you and so will your wallet. These face masks and scrub cost between: $1.99 and $3.99 each.

2. Neutrogena Acne Stress Control:

The 6 products in this line come in handy during finals week! This is great for acne due to stress. Acne caused by stress will go away when you stop stressing, but this product will help the zit put some pep in its step. If you have dry skin you might want to use it every other day or use a good moisturizer because this product may dry your skin out but it’s great for attacking zits. Each product in this line costs between $6 and ­$7.

3. Clean & Clear Morning Burst and Night Relaxing Face Wash:

This package deal comes in handy if you wash your face once in the morning and once at night. The Morning Burst wakes your skin up, helping you feel fresh and ready for the day ahead, and the Night Relaxing will calm your skin to get ready for the night, cleaning a hard day’s work of sweat and grime. You can get both of them for $9.42 at any drugstore, or, if your skin cannot take two face washes a day, you can buy each separately for $4.94!

4. Neutrogena Oil­Free Eye Makeup Remover:

Making sure all your makeup is off really can stop your face from breaking out! Having an oil-free base will prevent your face from breaking out even more! This makeup remover works really well, and just a little goes a long way. This Neutrogena makeup remover costs only $5.79 at any drug store.

5. Ponds Cold Cream Cleanser:

This face cream is a cleanser, a makeup remover, and a moisturizer all in one! This face lotion is for very dry skin and can be used after any of the face washes above. This lotion will leave your skin soft, fresh and, because it is a cold cream, it will leave you skin tingly and refreshing! Do not use if your skin is already super oily. But if your skin is dry after a face wash or a face mask, this is the perfect moisturizer! This face cream is only $4.89 at any drug store near you.

My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!