Swimming Into Summer With Style

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

Summer is a wonderful time of the year. Students don’t have to deal with classes or professors for the most part and also get the chance to travel and go to the beach. Thanks to Her Campus Nationals, Her Campus Brenau is bringing the Summer Survival Kit to you.

1. Bed Head by Tigi

From second and third day hair to wavy and tangled hair, Tigi has you covered for all of your hair care needs. This summer’s survival kit included the Oh Bee Hive! dry shampoo, Beach Freak moisturizing detangler and Beach Me wave defining gel mist. All products smell wonderful and your hair will thank you for these products. My hair loves them, and it is very temperamental whenever it comes to my hair care routine, so I promise that your hair will love these three products too.

2. Schick Razors

Schick has proudly partnered with Her Campus Nationals this year to offer a nice clean shave for the long awaited swimsuit season. The Schick Quattro You Razors contain four sharp blades to provide that smooth, stubble free shave we all aim for. Then we have the Silk Touch-Up razors that are gentle enough to be used on your face. Whether you use it to shave your brows or trim that peach fuzz, you will not disappointed.

3. Skintimate 2-in-1 Shave Cream and Skin Conditioner

Now what’s a clean shave without a brilliant shave cream to go along with your new razor? Absolutely nothing. This coconut scented shaving cream is moisturizing to the touch and smells absolutely amazing. When paired with the Schick Quattro You razors, you guaranteed one of the most precise shaves you have ever had. Plus, since it is moisturizing, you don’t really need moisturizer afterwards.

4. Freeman Face Masks

Pamper yourself at the end of a long day with a Freeman clay face mask. Both of these masks work wonders to clear up clogged pores and brighten up that beautiful face of yours. After 10 to 15 minutes of letting these masks work their magic wash or gently pull the masks off your face. You can even use these pouches anywhere from one to three times, but it’s all based off of your personal preferences. I personally use an entire pouch in one application because I just love the way my skin looks afterwards.

5. Buxom Plump up the Volume full on Plumping Lip Polish

Let me tell you guys; this lip gloss is absolutely amazing. The plumping formula begins working almost instantly and lasts for a while. Just look at that color. It’s a beautiful, subtle color that looks great with all skin tones. Not to mention that it also smells gorgeous. I have small lips, so when I saw this in the box that arrived today, I was so excited to try it out. I was actually impressed. The plumping formula lasted for over an hour, but that is only because I wiped my mouth off at dinner, but it is a great tingling sensation. You need to get this gloss.

6. HCXO Shop Pouches

These Her Campus pouches are to die for. With cute little quotes like “blood type: iced coffee,” “another beach day ruined by sand in terrifying places” and “I’m nicer when I’m tan,” these pouches are sure to relate to everyone. You can store little trinkets in these pouches during the summer and then use it at a pencil pouch for the school year. Whether you’re storing makeup or using these pouches for school, you will definitely feel connected to these pouches. I mean, why wouldn’t you want an adorable, little pouch with a very relatable saying?

7. Krazy Glue

Last, but not least, what’s a summer survival kit without Krazy Glue? In packs of four, you’re guaranteed to have it on hand when something goes wrong or you’re DIY-ing decor for your dorm room, Krazy Glue has your back. Why fight with tearing duct tape when all you have to do is unscrew a little cap and apply a dab of glue? After all, Krazy Glue is basically liquid duct tape. You never know when you’ll need it unless you have it on hand.

Summer is a crazy time, so Her Campus Nationals has got your back. You can find all of these products online and stores all across the nation. Try something new. Treat yourself. Try a new hair care routine or new makeup product. Change out your pouches. Go build or fix something. Whatever it is that you have planned for summer 2018, Her Campus has you covered. Check out these products. I promise you won’t regret it.

Avery Dill

Brenau '21

I am a Mass Communications major and Music minor sophomore/junior at Brenau University. I am also the Senior Editor for the HC Brenau chapter,  an HC Campus Trendsetter, HC Chapter Advisor, and an HC Campus Expansion Assistant.
My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!