A New Doctor in Town

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

Recent medical school graduates and many medical mysteries fill the floors of Chastain Park Memorial Hospital to help further the careers of the next up and coming group of surgeons. Fox Network’s newest medical drama “The Resident” was filmed locally down in Atlanta for citizens all across America to enjoy.

Fox Network summarizes the series’ plot as a medical drama that “centers on an idealistic young doctor who begins his first day under the supervision of a tough, brilliant senior resident who pulls the curtain back on all of the good and evil in modern-day medicine. Lives may be saved or lost, but expectations will always be shattered.” This summary of the plot could not be any more correct. After only three episodes airing last month, Fox has not failed to meet this goal.

Former “Gilmore Girls” star, Matt Czuchry takes the new resident, and former “Switched at Birth” guest star, Manish Dayal under his wing to turn him into one of the world’s top surgeons by holding him to a higher standard than the rest of the first year residents at the hospital. Czuchry’s character Dr. Conrad Hawkins is a retired Corpsman from the U.S. Marine Corps, thus creating his strict work ethic around the hospital. Dayal’s character Dr. Devon Pravesh is a graduate of both Yale and Harvard who chose to complete his residency at Chastain Park Memorial Hospital because of the wrongly accused success of Bruce Greenwood’s character Dr. Randolph Bell.

New episodes of “The Resident’ air on Mondays at 9:00 p.m. on Fox, so go and check it out sometime, and if you have not seen the first three episodes yet, you can catch it on FoxNOW or Hulu. You do not want to miss this new show.

Avery Dill

Brenau '21

I am a Mass Communications major and Music minor sophomore/junior at Brenau University. I am also the Senior Editor for the HC Brenau chapter,  an HC Campus Trendsetter, HC Chapter Advisor, and an HC Campus Expansion Assistant.
My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!