Laughter Is Good For The Soul

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

Most people think that others who laugh dramatically or those who “laugh at everything” are just silly and random. There’s nothing wrong with that though. People don’t understand that it’s the simple things in life that can make you happy. It’s not jewelry, clothes, cars, and other materialistic things; even though for some it is. It’s those things that are priceless like laughter. Believe or not there are some things in life money can’t buy you. You can’t buy laughter, love, or even genuine happiness.  You can only receive those types of things internal like from deep inside. Some of you may have heard the phrase “laughter is good for the soul,” but do some of you really know what that means?  Have some of you genuinely experience that? You should ask yourself the next time you’re feeling like you’re in the slumps or sad. You should also try to practice that the next time too. Some people, surprisingly, don’t know how to do that. You just need to surround yourself by genuinely happy people and they will radiate love, laughter, and happiness all over you. It’s always a good thing to smile and be happy. Laughter is like a drug. You find yourself so caught in the moment and occupied that you forget about all your problems and worries even if it’s just for a few moments. You get a taste of what’s it’s like for your soul to feel good and content. No one should go a day without smiling or laughing, even if that means making yourself. Remember, you are in control of your own happiness. Laugh. Smile. Love.

Hello everyone,  My name is Azayla Rodriguez and I'm a Junior at Brenau University. I am majoring in Communications with a concentration in Journalism and Media. Also, my minor is Dance.  I've been dancing since I was 4 years old and it is truly a passion for me. My other passion is writing along with music. I found my passion for writing as a Junior is high school and I found my niche for feature/magazine writing my second year at Brenau.  I hope you all enjoy my blogs!
My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!