I Was There. Donald Trump Lied.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brenau chapter.

I was at the inauguration and so was Donald Trump and we saw two different things.  On January 21st, Donald Trump gave a speech at the CIA Headquarters describing his inauguration the day before. Since I actually got to attend the ceremony, I thought I was debunk some of the statements he made myself.

“But we had a massive field of people. You saw them. Packed…I made a speech. I looked out, the field was—it looked like a million, million and a half people.”

No Donald, I did not see them. Probably from where he stood, he saw thousands of people, but once you got based the reflective pool, the crowd got much smaller. In my section behind the pool, it was quite empty. Me and my friend had plenty of room to stand and walk around; I did not feel crowed at all. And then the open field next to the Smithsonians, that was basically all empty as well. When I looked back I did not see millions of people, I saw a few thousands, maybe.

“In fact, when I first started, I said, oh no. The first line, I got hit by a couple of drops. And I said oh, this is too bad, but we’ll go right through it. But the truth is that it stopped immediately. It was amazing. And then it became really sunny. And then I walked off and it poured right after I left. It poured.”

THIS IS ALL SO WRONG. The only way I can put this is he is absolutely delusional. It was not raining at all beforehand. The minute he started talking it began to rain. Not a hard rain, but just enough for it to be annoying. Around the time of the benediction, it stopped raining and DO NOT rain again. The sun DID NOT come out. It DID NOT begin to rain as he left the stage. These are absolute lies. It was cold, dark and dreary all day. I was in DC the entire day and trust me, I remember the feeling of the city. DC kind of felt like an alternate reality, or like a post war city. No one was really cheering after the inauguration, most were protesting. As we walked around the dreary city, it would be completely silent until a group of protestors walked by yelling. The only color in the city that day was the bright colors of the protestor’s signs.

If you take anything from the article please take this. You cannot trust what Donald Trump or Sean Spicer says. They will make their own reality so that it fits what is in their minds. We live in a very serious time right now. The most important thing in the times is to trust your eyes and your heart. Do not be fooled. 

My name is Kenya Hunter! I am a freshman at Brenau University as a Mass Communications major. My focus is journalism!