This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Name: Zach Reid

Year: 2015

Hometown: Dallas, Texas

Majors: IGS and Politics

Minors: Legal Studies and History 

Her Campus: Why Brandeis?

Zach Reid: I grew up in Texas and relocated to Connecticut right before my senior year of high school following a semester studying abroad in Israel. The transition didn’t exactly make me want to look at colleges, but my mother insisted and brought me to Boston for a series of visits. The moment my feet touched the ground in the Admissions lot, I had a gut feeling that told me this was the place I was going to spend the next four years of my life. From then on I refused to look into any other schools, applied Early Decision, got in, and never looked back. I have yet to regret a single moment of my time here.

HC: What are you involved with on campus?

ZR: I am a third year Community Advisor (I fell in love with residence life), a staff writer for The Justice, a brother of AEPi, and a past President of Jewish Fella A Cappella. I also work two jobs on campus. I am an Office Assistant in DCL and have also been a host at the Faculty Club for the past three years.

HC: What’s your most memorable Brandeis moment?

ZR: That’s tough. When we moved in freshman year, Hurricane Irene struck, and we were given the option to move in early on Saturday. On Sunday, we were told to stay in our dorms because of the impending hurricane outside. My CA screened the Magic School Bus while we all ate and hung out. This was, for me, the first real experience of what Brandeis students were like.

HC: What is one thing you would tell your freshman self?

ZR: Take every opportunity that you can. I branched out as much as I could at the end of freshman year, but definitely could have been more involved during my first semester. Also, eat at the Faculty Club a lot more!

HC: Favorite class at Brandeis?

ZR: Classes in the Brandeis in The Hague program.

HC: Graduation is around the corner (in case it slipped your mind!). What are your post-grad plans?

ZR: I am currently looking for a job in the legal field. Brandeis in The Hague was where I realized that legal studies was my passion. I plan to take a few years off before heading to law school so that I get some real experience in the field. I would like to try to combine my passion for the law with some sort of community service. I truly enjoy helping people and I want my job to mean something more.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

ZR: A practicing attorney in criminal law… or at Chipotle. Either one.

HC: Describe yourself in three words.

ZR: Gregarious, kind, humorous.

HC: Single or Taken?

ZR: Single.

HC: Quality you look for in a significant other?

ZR: Being a warm person and having a good sense of humor.

HC: Guilty Pleasures?

ZR: Chipotle – I go at least twice a week. I’m a little bit obsessed.

Favorites:

Movie: Anchor Man

Candy: Three Musketeers

Animal: Wookie (Star Wars). I like to think that they’re my spirit animal.

Song: Phil Collins’ “You’ll Be in My Heart.”

Vacation Spot: The Rocky Mountains in Colorado (Breckenridge).

Brittany is a senior at Brandeis University. She loves looking for exciting new volunteer opportunities in and around her community, spreading school spirit working in Brandeis admissions, and sharing memories from her semester abroad in Denmark. In her free time, you might find her browsing Spotify for new music, scouting out hole-in-the-wall food joints, or face-timing with her eleven year old brother. Check her out on Instagram @britt_wolfe for snapshots of her life and if you're hungry, check out her foodstagram @diningonthedaily!
I am a Junior at Brandeis University who is passionate about writing and who loves surfing the web for useful articles and having fun doing what I like.