The Wilbur Theater

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

Looking for a comedy show or a night of live music in Boston? The historic Wilbur Theater is the perfect venue for seeing A-list talent near Brandeis. This theater has booked huge names like Jimmy Fallon, Bill Maher, Joan Rivers and Gavin Degraw. There are some upcoming shows that you definitely should not miss out on, like the comedy troop that Amy Poehler started, and Upright Citizen’s Brigade on April 26th. This new-york based improv group has been a featured performance in the Comedy Tent at the annual Bonnaroo Music and Arts Festival and formed a television series dedicated to their sketch comedy on Comedy Central. In just a few weeks, Parks and Recreation star Aziz Ansari will perform at the Wilbur with his new comedy tour “Modern Romance”. Ansari’s character ‘Tom Haverford’ on Parks and Recreation has earned him great reviews, including being named one of Entertainment Weekly’s “Breakout TV Stars,” TV guide’s “Scene Stealer” and People Magazine’s“Funniest Dude in Prime Time” in 2011. Nearly all of his shows are sold out, so book your night out soon for his last show on May 5th.

Not into comedy? Check out award-winning Canadian guitarist, composer, and producer Jesse Cook on April 16th. Widely considered one of the most influential figures in “nuevo flamenco” music, he combines flamenco rumba, jazz & many types of diverse music into his work.

Check out some of these artists’ work, and plan your night out at the Wilbur theater the next time you’re in Boston!

Jesse Cook

April 16th 7:30 pm

price: $30-$120

Upright Citizen’s Brigade

April 26th 7pm

price: $20

Aziz Ansari

May 5th 9:45pm

price: $48.15

http://thewilbur.com

Andrea is a sociology major with minors in journalism and women's and gender studies. She is currently finishing her senior year at Brandeis University. She was born and reared in Los Angeles, CA, which does mean that she is a die-hard Laker fan… Sorry Bostonians. When Andrea is not routing on her favorite basketball team, she dedicates her time to her many passions. They include reading and writing about fashion, traveling, exploring new restaurants, spending time with friends, watching reality television (she has a weak spot for Bravo), shopping, and working out.