Why You Should Go to College Fashion Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Brandeis chapter.

College Fashion Week (CFW) is kicking off in exactly a week in our very own Beantown!  CFW is an annual series of fall fashion shows presented by Her Campus Media in Boston, New York, Chicago and Los Angeles.  This year’s Boston show will be a three-hour affair starting at 6 PM and ending at 9 PM.  The show will be held at at Space 57, just a few minutes walk from the Green-Line stop at Arlington. 

One of the most unique and refreshing aspects of Her Campus Media’s CFW is the event’s commitment to the HC values of female empowerment, body positivity and inclusivity.  The event will feature four unique runway shows that showcase this season’s newest and hottest trends from up and coming female designers and fashion entrepreneurs.  They include the brilliant and innovative minds behind brands such as My Social CanvasForayAli & ArielFrill Clothing, and Bow & Drape.  Furthermore, the models used to showcase the different collections are regular college women, just like you and me. The CFW site explains, “our runway models are real local college girls of all backgrounds, shapes, and sizes, authentically representing the beauty of every body type.” As someone who attended the show last year, I can tell you, this approach to fashion defies the current standards held by the most prestigous and respected fashion houses and minds.  The result is an envirionment that gives the attendees a space to have fun and express themselves through fashion without the pressure of mainstream standards. 

Tickets to this amazing event are $20 a head and will ensure access to all four runway shows, live music and free swag from sponsors including Rebecca Minkoff, Vince Camuto, Drybar, Fitbit, Maidenform Shapewear, Maidenform Hosiery, Hanes Hosiery, European Wax Center, and KIND.  If you’re someone who love fashion, this is an event you won’t want to miss, so make sure to purchase your ticket before they sell out! To find out more about CFW or buy tickets, click here.